What's this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have this oval piece of metal bolted to the frame under the passenger seat.
Doesn't have anything connected to it.
Can i take it off? After removing the running boards it became very visible.

20161022_132738.jpg

20161022_132723.jpg

It's the ONLY thing holding your entire Landcruiser together. Remove it and your entire rig will fall apart, right where it sits. A pile of parts. Done. Get the dust pan...

Good luck putting it back together again...
Although, I do believe there is an FSM somewhere in this forum about how all the parts go back together again, but you'll have to do a search.

Last edited:
It's a anti-vibration device, cast iron held on by two bolts. I haven't removed mine yet, figure I'll have to do it when I put my sliders on this weekend.

I just found mine a few weeks ago after taking the running boards off the 07'LC.

Sneaky lil' buggers, those anti-vibration devices... Never know what you'll find when you take off those running boards, rusted bolts, anti vibration devices, bent frame... It's like looking under the sofa after a couple of years. All the old candy, snacks, rat droppings, ear rings and an occasional coin or two.

Okay, so I'm not providing anything of any value and being a smart arse at the same time. Can you blame me? I bored and just wasting time waiting for SOMEONE to respond to my post about dual batteries and the wiring...

Hey, can any of you guys help me out?? Take a look at my post!

It is poor man slider :D

It is one of the following:

A) a "Galvanic Anode", part of the galvanic cathodic protection system, that prevents frame rust.

B) a place to put your beer after you roll the vehicle.

C) a flux capacitor.

D) a vibration damper/dampener.

E) all of the above.

F) none of the above.​

Last edited:
Its a frame actuator. Occasionaly you need to flll it with blinker fluid in order to keep your urea levels running in optimal condition.

Thank you all for the enlightening responses
Thanks for not letting our humor run you off. I'd venture a guess that more Lx owners would ask the question if they hadn't stumbled upon a thread like yours.

Does anybody have one for sale? Aways wanted a matching set. Left side looks naked without it. I'll trade you some fender flares and running boards if you pay the freight on frame thingie.:slap:

Last edited:
Thanks for not letting our humor run you off. I'd venture a guess that more Lx owners would ask the question if they hadn't stumbled upon a thread like yours.

I can't say anything, I'm the new guy and didn't do the search first. So, suck it up...
Now, to be absolutely honest, i did consider doing the search, but didn't know what to search for. "Thing hanging on frame" didn't sound right at that time... because if you have no clue what's that, then you don't know what to search for.

No problem. A little friendly ribbing from 'Mud lightens things up. Plus, now you can make up your own story the next time someone else asks what it is. Personally, I'm partial to the flux capacitor thanks to @Trunk Monkey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom