My UZJ40 Build - 2UZ iForce V8 and a750f 5spd auto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did get the 79 I was refering too. I'm currently installing a 2 post lift, heat and air conditioning in the shop in preparation for the journey. I'm so inspired by your efforts Riley. Bravo! I'll be in touch at some point i'm sure. Sorry for the Hijack.

Thanks for the nice comments :) Good luck on your project!

So, here is another short clip for those interested. Since my heater/AC unit is mounted to the firewall, I can no longer access my passenger kick vent. I really wanted to be able to open it though, because the 'intake' for the unit is right behind where it opens. My solution was to get an actuator to open it. The actuator is tied to a momentary DPDT switch labeled RECIRC. When it's open, I get fresh air inducted in my HVAC system. When it's closed, it's recirculated. The best part about the actuator is it has built in limit switches, so I can hold the button down as long as I want and it will automatically stop when it's fully open/closedd

20160126_185533.jpg

And.... another poser desert pic

20151224_150251_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Last edited:
That is awesome. I definitely am going to have to come see you again and get some help improving mine.

Found a cement gray FJ cruiser in a neighborhood near mine. Owner didn't mind if I snapped a couple pics.

Old VS New

20151220_154330.jpg

20151220_154344.jpg

Wish Toyota had stayed closer to its roots with the FJ... I thought I read somewhere that they reached out to the ICON folks but then scrapped their ideas. Too bad. Don't tell the guy your Cruiser looks WAY better... ;)

Just read the whole thread what an awesome build mate fantastic

Thanks for the nice comments :) Good luck on your project!

So, here is another short clip for those interested. Since my heater/AC unit is mounted to the firewall, I can no longer access my passenger kick vent. I really wanted to be able to open it though, because the 'intake' for the unit is right behind where it opens. My solution was to get an actuator to open it. The actuator is tied to a momentary DPDT switch labeled RECIRC. When it's open, I get fresh air inducted in my HVAC system. When it's closed, it's recirculated. The best part about the actuator is it has built in limit switches, so I can hold the button down as long as I want and it will automatically stop when it's fully open/closedd

Some people post videos of their truck driving around... others post videos of their engine running... you post videos of your latest actuator installs.

And I'm totally cool with it! Love what you've done with the rear windows and kick vent.

are you using Dakota digital linear actuators for your windows and kick pannels? man you truck is sweet. I'm reading and rereading it. blows me away each time.

Wish Toyota had stayed closer to its roots with the FJ... I thought I read somewhere that they reached out to the ICON folks but then scrapped their ideas. Too bad. Don't tell the guy your Cruiser looks WAY better... ;)

I appreciate your comments!

Mike's right - your's is MUCH better!!

But, why didn't you try to implement a little technology into your build?

I've actually wondered how many feet of wire (or lbs of copper) are in this thing! I probably don't want to know...

Just read the whole thread what an awesome build mate fantastic

Thank you!

Some people post videos of their truck driving around... others post videos of their engine running... you post videos of your latest actuator installs.

And I'm totally cool with it! Love what you've done with the rear windows and kick vent.

Thanks! I'm happy with how they turned out!

I just about fell out of my chair when I saw the automatic vent! Very slick and cool idea, nice work!

Glad you liked it!!

are you using Dakota digital linear actuators for your windows and kick pannels? man you truck is sweet. I'm reading and rereading it. blows me away each time.

Yes, Dakota actuator for the kick panel vent, but the window vents are actually vent window motors from a Ford Windstar minivan. I figured I would use what somebody else had already invented!

Hey! Those Windstar window motors must be good, and popular. That's what I use to open the rear quarter windows in my 94 Chevy K2500 extra cab. I used the drivers door panel out of an early 90's Suburban. The Suburban window switches for the rear door windows were re-purposed for the controls for the quarter windows.

Don

Fantastic build and very thoughtful thread. Total eye and garage candy.

Thanks for sharing, it's inspiring. Now I have to go clean my garage.

J

UPS brought me 5 packages on Friday!

20160219_104954111.jpg

20160219_105220.jpg

A couple teaser pics of my new wheel and tire setup.... separate thread and details coming soon!

20160219_170850_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20160219_170928_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20160219_170912_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Absolutely stunning vehicle ! Wow !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom