Cruise Moab 2011 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

my buddy from CA that met up with me last year(murdered out 80) registered today for the same trails as me. 3 spots left for Golden Spike on Thursday.

Officially registered 1/13. No paypal response yet. Email sent. Trails are:

Thursday 1st: Rating: 7 Golden Spike - 7 Spots Left
Thursday 2nd: No Trail Run
Thursday 3rd: No Trail Run
Thursday BLM: 2
Friday 1st: Rating: 6 Hells Revenge - 7 Spots Left
Friday 2nd: No Trail Run
Friday 3rd: No Trail Run
Friday BLM: 2
Saturday 1st: Rating: 4 Sevenmile Rim - 9 Spots Left

Officially registered 1/13. No paypal response yet. Email sent. Trails are:

Thursday 1st: Rating: 7 Golden Spike - 7 Spots Left
Thursday 2nd: No Trail Run
Thursday 3rd: No Trail Run
Thursday BLM: 2
Friday 1st: Rating: 6 Hells Revenge - 7 Spots Left
Friday 2nd: No Trail Run
Friday 3rd: No Trail Run
Friday BLM: 2
Saturday 1st: Rating: 4 Sevenmile Rim - 9 Spots Left

Good trail selections! I take it you are dragging the '40 to Moab?

My bro is coming in from Houston and I don't have time to go early with y'all. So it's turbo diesel all the way!

My bro is coming in from Houston and I don't have time to go early with y'all. So it's turbo diesel all the way!

When are planning to arrive?

I am a possible for the pre-trip...I am on the "waiting list" for the Swell overnight. I may have to bail a day early from the group to get there on Tuesday, May 3rd.

I do not have a snorkel, hope that will not cause any problems.

No snorkel no chicks is my understanding from Phil :hillbilly:

I'm officially out. Not only has our Registrar at work decided to audit us that week but now the FAA is joining in as well. Good fun for my B-day week. No pizza and beer at Zax to celebrate :eek:.

I'm going to work on a trip up there for another time this year. Feel the need to wheel on sandpaper rock.

-Norm

I'm going to work on a trip up there for another time this year. Feel the need to wheel on sandpaper rock.

we could gang up on the Blazers :hillbilly:

Agree. It is the frequency of use/need that is greatly overstated, maybe if we wheeled more in slop? In the thousands of trail miles since CSC inception, I only remember twice where they were effectively used as intended. The number of body injury (rig & personal) cases is higher. If I wheeled alone, would carry one, with a group, as long as one is there, good to go.

I think you guys are totally missing the point on the High Lift, it goes along with the Snorkel, chicks dig them. I've had mine for over 12 years and used it once to move the tire placement of the vehicle. I tried using it a couple more times, it took me 15 minutes and several tools to get it off the tire carrier to find out it had rusted and the pins were frozen :mad:

At this point I just consider it bling because the chicks love them :meh:

We have a bunch of first timers this year, so the penciled prerun "plan" is for a "best of" tour. Looking at Hotel Rock for Sunday, the over the mountain and out Elephant Hill run we did a few years ago on Monday and Lockhart into Moab on Tuesday. This puts us in Blanding Saturday & Sunday nights, Monticello Monday and Moab Tuesday on. As always, there is latitude for change, weather, snow level, etc, Blanding can be a problem for food, could stay in Mexican Hat, comments?

I'm good either way, but Mexican Hat does sound a wee bit more entertaining. John

Mexican Hat is pretty far south for the trails we tend to run in my opinion. Blanding has dining issues on Sunday but perhaps we could work around it. (Arrive earlier or make arrangements in advance). After all there are lots of folks to feed.
We could always run the old original road from the anasazi ruins on 95 back up Comb Wash and up the ridge as we did last year into Blanding. Planning to arrive in time for dinner on the Sunday. If that's too short a run, we could explore the wash a bit. IIRC Monday evening is less of an issue for dining in Monticello.

If my post above is confusing I may be referring to Butler Wash. At any rate we go right by the entrance to Arch Canyon. Climb the ridge on the east side and pop out in Blanding.

Mexican Hat is pretty far south for the trails we tend to run in my opinion. Blanding has dining issues on Sunday but perhaps we could work around it. (Arrive earlier or make arrangements in advance). After all there are lots of folks to feed.
We could always run the old original road from the anasazi ruins on 95 back up Comb Wash and up the ridge as we did last year into Blanding. Planning to arrive in time for dinner on the Sunday. If that's too short a run, we could explore the wash a bit. IIRC Monday evening is less of an issue for dining in Monticello.

Agree, prefer to be closer to the trail head in the morning. We are more aware of the dining issue now, so will do something different. Could shoot down Comb ridge to the Swinging Steak or north on Cottonwood up the mountain and come out in Monticello for dinner at the Road House or Lamp Post, etc, several options. We will plan to find good food and still return to Blanding, so we are closer to the trail head in the morning.

Sounds good to me.

I plan on bringing a recently purchased popup trailer. It is a regular popup and cant be dragged along on these trails. Would it possible to do the runs and go back to get it each night? Or would we be way too far away at the end of the day?

Thanks

I plan on bringing a recently purchased popup trailer. It is a regular popup and cant be dragged along on these trails. Would it possible to do the runs and go back to get it each night? Or would we be way too far away at the end of the day?

Thanks

Yep, both hotels (Blanding & Monticello) have been trailer friendly, no problem leaving it for the day. The long haul is Monticello to Moab on Lockhart day, but you are likely to have company, Drew does the trailer transfer thing.:hillbilly:

Great!! Count us in for the pre-trip runs...

Yep, both hotels (Blanding & Monticello) have been trailer friendly, no problem leaving it for the day. The long haul is Monticello to Moab on Lockhart day, but you are likely to have company, Drew does the trailer transfer thing.:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom