ACE tintable Rustoleum product (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Close up of floor...

Close up of the floor...
floor1.JPG
fender4.JPG

Hmmmmm........Hadn't really thought about doing the floors. I have a ton of paint left over and will need to repaint the inside anyway. We'll see how ambitious I get.

The spray looks great. Roller is a ton of wet-sanding. Spraying really gets those tough areas like seams and hinges much better.

Clear Coat?

thecrazygreek
what clear coat did you use and how has it turned out. The pics look really good. I am debating repainting my truck this way and would definately want a clear coat on top.

Thanks

dave

Clearcoat

thecrazygreek
what clear coat did you use and how has it turned out. The pics look really good. I am debating repainting my truck this way and would definately want a clear coat on top.

Thanks

dave

I used a product called LIC 30. It's a valspar line of paint. I used the binder only. (clear)
It looks great!
fender1.JPG

Clear and Buff!

Just got done with the first buff. Looks pretty good. Will need to get some swirl remover on it, but overall a decent finish for ACE paint... :p
buff1.JPG
buff2.JPG
buff3.JPG

Getting closer...

Heres an update...

Getting her together. Here's some shots of an ACE paint job. Not too shabby at $25.00 a gallon...
hood.JPG
fender.JPG
seat.JPG

a couple more

These are after a good buff.

Should be done by the end of the month.

Garage is a tight place to work...

:cheers:
overall.JPG
hood2.JPG

LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!
Cant wait for it to warm up so I can start on mine.

Rustoleum primer

Kind of off topic,but related-I had a friend who buys ,sells & restores antique autos tell me that rustoleum rusty metal primer was at least as good as any of the more expensive rust treatment products.He recomended it anywhere heavy protection is needed and the appearance is not objectional.I've used it on a sandblasted tranny cover in a 40 and currently am shooting the inside of some doors with it. Tranny cover held up well as long as I had the truck (3 yrs) IMHO,I believe that surface preperation is equally as important as the product you use.

Overall outside shot

First time on the road in 13+years. Almost done.

Took her out in 30 degree weather as you see it. People were looking at me funny...:p

When I stopped at ACE 5 people were taking a look. One guy took a couple pics... (wow, is this normal?) Picked up a couple bolts n such, then drover her home.
overall.JPG

nice work brotha!! Congratulations!

Another Update

Some final shots.

Overall, it turned out pretty nice. Alot of sanding and buffing, and the paint turns out solid.
c60c_3.jpeg
ca4d_3.jpeg
caf2_3.jpeg

Nice,

I hope mine looks that good when its done!

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Last Picture

Just wanted to show the final outcome of this paint. (plus its another chance to post a photo!) :)
For the cost, you can't beat it.

Upside was low cost, accurate color, compatible with other enamel products (clear etc)

Downside, takes along time to dry, rather soft compared to true auto paint (this was resolved with the clearcoat tho), can be a trick to get the right mix of paint / thinner, issues with the process of getting the color you want (lots of "hoops")

Thx
Angelo J

fj.jpg

Downside, takes along time to dry, rather soft compared to true auto paint (this was resolved with the clearcoat tho), can be a trick to get the right mix of paint / thinner...

x2 with just my limited experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom