The - Resurrected - CLCC Toyota Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I could not find the Virtual Tour. But did not look very hard yet to find it. Just thinking it would be cool with VR glasses.

I could not find the Virtual Tour. But did not look very hard yet to find it. Just thinking it would be cool with VR glasses.
Did you try clicking on the link? It seems to mainly be short videos and not really a 3D walkthrough- that would be pretty cool though.

0CBF579C-B08F-4C5E-B376-2E730A7B7E9B.jpeg

Lexus released another sneak peak at the new GX on the way.

And here is one of the new TX.

2DA1916B-D7FC-4A6C-A050-DDE1639308AF.jpeg

I'm still not sold on the engine, but the new GX looks like it fits the part and offers a rear locker and 33s. Pretty cool Lexus...

"Overtrail grades also feature standard 33-inch All-Terrain tires wrapped around 18-inch wheels, black accented overfenders and a standard aluminum skid plate. An electronic locking rear differential is exclusive on OVERTRAIL for maximum traction."

1686311095673.png

1686311131649.png

1686311175562.png

1686311189679.png

1686311158482.png

Love the boxy look. Lexus is listening to the GXOR community. 4” wider than the current 460, interior dimensions looking more similar to a 100.

I like it a lot more than the new Taco.

Love the boxy look. Lexus is listening to the GXOR community. 4” wider than the current 460, interior dimensions looking more similar to a 100.

I like it a lot more than the new Taco.
It is reminding me of the 100 series now that you mention the dimensions. It definitely has a spot on my radar as a potential purchase. It'll be interesting to see how the new 4Runner stacks up in looks and price.

1686313689597.png
1686340292125.png

Last edited:
Maybe after I've been awake for a while it won't look so much like this...

View attachment 3344543
It also kind of give me Honda Pilot vibes... But then again I like the boxy look, especially with a Toyota or Lexus quality build and a solid rear axle. Not a bad prospect.

1686323026291.png

Last edited:
I did a 1500 mile roadtrip up to New England this past weekend.
Over the entirety of the trip I saw exactly TWO Land Cruisers.
One was a 200 Heritage in Northern NJ and the other was my buddy's 200 in Boston.

Not one other LC.
This seems bizarre to me. In the DC area, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting an LC.
It's not like I was in the middle of nowhere.
I was expecting to come home with gobs of "spotted" pics. :(

I was up in Boston area last weekend and they seem to prefer the flashier cars. I saw more Escalades and Range Rovers/Range Rover Sports than usual. Also saw a ton of Volvos and of course Subarus as well.

I have 2 things that I am wondering about on the new GX... how thick is the skid plate... they say its aluminium but how thick? I have aluminium ones from ASFIR that are 1/4" thick and can take a beating ( and have ) so I wonder how thick this one is and what does it cover? Just the front skid or does it also include the trans and transfer?

Also did anyone notice that the 33"s are mounted on 18" rims. I think I would rather 17" rims for more sidewall and rubber.... what is everyone one else's thoughts

I'll go ahead and say that I am excited to see that Toyota has decided to bring the Land Cruiser back to the US and I think it is especially cool that they are finally bringing what appears to be a Prado variant. I don't think this means that we will not ever see the 300 series LC in the US. I am hoping that we will see both. I am wondering if the new US release LC will have an option for lockers front and rear. At least it will have a rear locker- hopefully standard. I also wonder what the price of this variant will be. I would guess it will start below $70k as the Lexus GX550 looks like it will be around $70k.

It looks like the major conversation is over here if anyone else in the club is interested in Toyota Land Cruisers...

And Kai with another great video today...

Bottom line = Pizza Cutters are king @landwagon

According to the tests in this video, on average, a 255 width tire at 30psi will perform better than a 315 width tire at 10 psi. Pretty interesting... skipping leg day may have it's advantages.

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 8.36.05 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 8.38.31 PM.png

And Kai with another great video today...

Bottom line = Pizza Cutters are king @landwagon

According to the tests in this video, on average, a 255 width tire at 30psi will perform better than a 315 width tire at 10 psi. Pretty interesting... skipping leg day may have it's advantages.

View attachment 3385209
View attachment 3385211

At 10:30....I just want to know who was the major tire manufacturer who gave him tires to review but wouldn't let him measure them so he gave them back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom