6X series Unobtainium (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is a fun and rare bird.... the Turbo badge from the HJ61. :D Took me years to find one! They are often faded, warped or have broken studs. The metal grill brackets are often rusted to death as well.
View attachment 3223304
View attachment 3223305
As I said to my friend. Luckily I restore a HJ60. I can buy "diesel" badge new and don't have to try my luck finding turbo badge in good shape.

@ToyotaMatt Those CHOKE knobs are awesome for all us non-efi guys. I still think it would be really bad ass to do a special run in solid brass with black infill. I know it doesn't exist in the OEM world but it would be cool! :cool:

I’m always open to bartering should you not have a need for that badge long term :)
Speaking of interviews. The one we just did with Maarten at Cruiserworld.eu has some great unobtanium part pics in it: Cruiser Cult - https://www.cruisercult.com/post/cruiser-cult-interview-series-episode-14

The story on how he got the parts is awesome in itself, I had never seen NOS floor sheet metal and doors for a 60:
View attachment 3220590
View attachment 3220591
awesome interview Chase. Just listened to it. Have bought a few things from him but all interactions were via email. Really cool story.

Replacement stone screens for the FJ60 round headlights.

Also, plastic knob on the handle for the manual OEM front and rear locker levers. The knobs are made of some kind of hard plastic that after decades just shatters into pieces.

@ToyotaMatt Those CHOKE knobs are awesome for all us non-efi guys. I still think it would be really bad ass to do a special run in solid brass with black infill. I know it doesn't exist in the OEM world but it would be cool! :cool:
Good source for OEM choke cables? Mine is starting bind and twist after 35 years of use.

Good source for OEM choke cables? Mine is starting bind and twist after 35 years of use.
They're also still available from Toyota I just ordered a new one last year and reused the factory knob.

Here is my set up plus a sweet switch from @ToyotaMatt
9D4B93AA-E624-4A65-A4C2-9DCBBFD20540.jpeg

Last edited:

CALL OUT #

CABLE PART # 78310-90A02

KNOB PART # 78311-

8/80-8/82 FJ60
2F ONLY

- these 2 little rascals and there mating matching knobs are part of my NOS parts specimens collection for future research and study purposes , NONE of these parts are interchangeable with the parts for a 78310-90A04 i covered in detail above ...

DSCN5522.JPG

DSCN5521.JPG

DSCN5519.JPG

DSCN3386.jpg

DSCN3387.JPG

Nice version, is that the one made by BH3D?
@dogfishlake , you made a reproduction as well right?
I have made a repro. I haven't nailed down the details on the thru studs for attaching to a front grille and it is pretty labor intensive -red powder coat and black powder coat pieces basically glued together in final cure, but looks sweet. Finding the exact font that Mr T used was a nightmare.

Will they go for sale? I would love to say yes but for now I have to get the supply and cost under control.

p.s. sorry for the crappy pic. Chunk has the closest sample available and he is tight to the back of the garage and this is the best I could do in a pinch. the diesel emblem is factory Toyota.

92EBBAD7-B6A6-49FF-AB32-472C6C281098.jpeg

Regarding the Heritage Parts Program for the 60 Series, I really think that if Toyota got a bunch of requests for the same part it would draw their attention. That’s why I think we should band together, agree on a couple key parts, and then fill out that form en masse. We have some weight we can throw around if we get the whole of the 60 folks on Mud together.

This topic probably deserves its own thread…

27020-60071

This will be one of my request submissions for sure , and it also both applies to and helps out 40 and 55 folks too , this is how we can apply the JEDI MIND TRICK on MR. T and Heritage program to get more out of 1 simple parts offering ....

you know , spread the love around a bit is not a bad thing here . we gotta work it to get the parts that really matter to us all the most , and thus far i have not seen that in what is being offered to the 40 folks ?

1628905047370-png.2758198

1628905080756-png.2758199

Body mounts, mud flaps, dash caps, dash bezels, chrome bumpers, upholstery parts, weather seals… so many parts… we’re basically in need of new production fj60’s and 62’s from the ground up. How ‘bout it Mr T?

Body mounts, mud flaps, dash caps, dash bezels, chrome bumpers, upholstery parts, weather seals… so many parts… we’re basically in need of new production fj60’s and 62’s from the ground up. How ‘bout it Mr T?
I don't have mudflaps but I'd be down to fill out a form if someone can provide the parts numbers. Does anyone have all of these parts? A running list would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom