For Sale FJ55 Cargo Area Vent Covers (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rest easy, Senor Pablo. You're not lame - there's no guarantee I'd get to those immediately anyways. It'll happen.

Got mine Thanks again. đź‘Ť
20220124_112257.jpg

MUD!

Thanks to a collaborative effort from @DieselFJ and @bobm , I've successfully re-created the rear (cargo area) vent covers for our 55's. This one:

View attachment 2792269

I've gone through a couple design & prototype cycles to dial in the geometry. Currently, a 3D print vendor is fabricating a few dozen for me in the same black Nylon 12 we use in the glove box handles for @PabloCruise . I expect to have these in-hand early next week.

To cover my costs, pricing will be $15 each or two for $25, plus $5 shipping. I'll update this post with pictures of the parts when they arrive. Thanks everyone!

Calvin
Hi Calvin - Do you still have some vents on hand? I would like to order 2 sets if you have them. Please let me know. Thanks! B

I'm interested as well!

Hello everyone. Yes, I still have some sets. I'll PM each of you individually and we'll take it from there. Thanks for supporting my support (think about that for a while ;)).

Calvin

I would like 2 sets as well if you still have some. Thank you. Also interested in the outside ones over the lights in the rear.

I'll PM you! I only have the cargo area vents. @PabloCruise and I never got our acts together on the rear light/side vents.

@FJ55zen just snagged the last of the cargo area vents. So... that's it for now! I can print another round if/when enough folks are interested. Thanks everyone!

Nice, glad you're happy. And most everyone that ordered gets free DECKED stickers as they just happen to be a perfect stiffener for the bubble envelopes ;)

Calvin

I have an NOS pair to use as a pattern but they do not look trivial or inexpensive to replicate.

View attachment 2799885

View attachment 2799886

View attachment 2799887

Are these right and left handed or not? I can't seem to find them on the parts diagrams. Also not sure if they changed any over the years.

@DoubleNickels you can keep mine for as long as you want but they are currently with me in Saudi Arabia. I have employees that rotate in and out and can get one of them to drop them in the mail next trip home.
I'm looking for information on the two screws that hold these vent covers, bezels or whatever they are called on. I'm assuming JIS screw in maybe a 4mm x 50? Not sure if they would be silver or black? Mine were/are missing on both sides. For whatever reason I simply cannot find these bezels on the parts diagrams. I could pull the part number off the package but they are in a container at the moment.

I can take a pic of mine in a bit. IIRC they're a silver wood-screw type screw, with a bit of a domed head. Kind of like the screws that hold the tailgate panel. Might have been more of a button head.

Never mind. I can't find them. Thought I had some in the glove box, but they must have gotten misplaced. I'll keep looking if no one else chimes in.

Couple pics on this site, if it helps... Cargo Area Vent – Landcruiser FJ55 (Pair) - https://3domengineering.com.au/product/299/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom