What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (62 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good luck with that, ironman customer service coming up with lame excuses for an order of torsion bars placed early this month. Not just once, 3 times now. Interestingly saying those in stock an will ship next couple of days every time
Definitely trying to get caught up! Send me a message if you need me to check on anything for you!

E417C388-AD54-40A8-99C0-520389620599.jpeg

One of the best purchases I have made and I recently bought sliders. 👀

Best MOD ever. I’ve had this truck all over this country. I’m on the second set of leather. It has over 17000 miles in it.
I’ve fixed and upgraded just about everything one can.
But that damned shift knob cover. Nobody I’ve come across wants to touch it.
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not one of the guys afraid to get her dirty. But where I rest my hands, i.e. the steering wheel, it drives me insane when they are tore up.
so while enjoying a cold beverage or three in my driveway I annoyingly pulled at it.
**** it, how much worse can it be. Truth be told it’s rather satisfying as my younger generation would say.
AB61DA8C-5764-4D42-BD63-1FE827FA6977.jpeg
08B4CA7E-2334-4C5D-B59D-E49F34D9F8BE.jpeg

I'm continually impressed by how easy it all was to take my rad out. 1-1.5 hours of work. Also impressed with just how big the 100 series radiator is, and just how much isolation ruber mounts there are. Toyota really puts thought into how pieces go in, and as a result, makes it just a joy to work on because of simplicity and the fact I don't have to refer to a DIY guide or a service manual. I can't say this about the steering rack though.

-New rad
-OEM hoses and thermostat
-I need a new oring on the water pump outlet as the one I put in from the timing belt replacement got crunched and is slightly seeping.

Also will be putting a new AC compressor because everything is out. I should've all did this when I did my timing belt 12k miles ago.

View attachment 2692643
Your engine compartment is too clean. Mine once looked like that. Then I discovered the fun of running through mud.

To the people who have replaced the shifter handle and indicator plate, you know the amount of work involved. Now I need to find my soldering gun. Ha! :)

View attachment 2689338
@OwnerCS does the shifter handle come with new button, spring internals etc..? My release button is rattling around!

I just picked up the 99 LX from the shop, and for the first time I noticed this funny knob to the left of the steering wheel.

I wonder what it does 🤔

Could it have been there all along, and I’ve just never noticed it?

I wonder if it’s factory, or aftermarket?

A391F80F-C681-418F-8464-E5F4DE550898.jpeg

😁

I just picked up the 99 LX from the shop, and for the first time I noticed this funny knob to the left of the steering wheel.

I wonder what it does 🤔

Could it have been there all along, and I’ve just never noticed it?

I wonder if it’s factory, or aftermarket?

View attachment 2693736

😁

Oh....its 'factory' alright (the switch).

You going to let us in on what its connected to? Harrops maybe?

Best MOD ever. I’ve had this truck all over this country. I’m on the second set of leather. It has over 17000 miles in it.
I’ve fixed and upgraded just about everything one can.
But that damned shift knob cover. Nobody I’ve come across wants to touch it.
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not one of the guys afraid to get her dirty. But where I rest my hands, i.e. the steering wheel, it drives me insane when they are tore up.
so while enjoying a cold beverage or three in my driveway I annoyingly pulled at it.
f*** it, how much worse can it be. Truth be told it’s rather satisfying as my younger generation would say. View attachment 2693619View attachment 2693620
I was wondering if the non-leather shift knob was the same underneath…. Appears to be different, I think…

Oh....its 'factory' alright (the switch).

You going to let us in on what its connected to? Harrops maybe?

For the moment, just a rear Harrop Locker. Depending on how it does over the summer, we’ll decide how soon the companion front Harrop goes in.

For the moment, just a rear Harrop Locker. Depending on how it does over the summer, we’ll decide how soon the companion front Harrop goes in.

VERY NICE. Congratulations.

Fine choice as well. 👍

Turned a big mileage number tonight. Thought I would document it. I probably just destroyed the value now...

96056D4F-4CF8-41C0-95F8-2DD2A115E2B2.jpeg

C6C6D3E6-E065-428D-9A40-1DE5BD9E41EE.jpeg

E1C232AA-19EF-4C4F-91C5-9BDA99773DBF.jpeg

Ordered a wood and leather steering wheel about a week ago from ebay. It arrived surprisingly quickly from Taiwan.

Install required moving over the cruise control switch and a couple of brackets over to the new wheel. The leather cover and wood grain is amazingly close to the factory colors!

Hopefully it is a high quality item and would last for a while.

20210603_123848.jpg

Ordered a wood and leather steering wheel about a week ago from ebay. It arrived surprisingly quickly from Taiwan.

Install required moving over the cruise control switch and a couple of brackets over to the new wheel. The leather cover and wood grain is amazingly close to the factory colors!

View attachment 2693927
Looks beautiful.

Nice!

View attachment 2693927
Where did you specify the color for the wood? I have the same interior trim like yours, but I don't see it in the pictures for the listing.

Finally put the front locker in that has been sitting for months. Pretty easy job.
PXL_20210602_151544967.MP.jpg

Got quite a few miles on this old mare. Looking forward to a lot more.
PXL_20210603_161211894.MP.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom