What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I needed to add a light bar for a customer (roof rack was not an option), took a Heritage grill, because bottom has 3” gap that can be removed (non-Heritage has 1.5”). Dremeled out the grill, got a 30” Rigid ADAPT light bar mounted with minimal bracket modification. Perfect fit! Took about 7 hours to get perfect, took new grill to paint to get color coded to Magnetic Grey Metallic. I think it turned out very handsome. Super OE looking, quality-wise.

Love how chrome pieces were painted to the same color as the truck. I think looks better than having black contrasting. Light bar is a nice touch too. Definitely better than on the roof. I need to think about that one. Have heritage grill coming from China as we speak.

Flushed and replaced the AHC fluid on my '13 LX570. Made a hilariously fantastic mess! That suspension fluid is wild--flows like water but sticks to everything. Also flushed the Power steering fluid. No drama and noticeably better steering feel. The PS reservoir is a pain to remove and clean, but boy was it dirty!

Had to make some custom wings
Custom wings?

Also, how well does the plastic hinged rear floor mat plate cover slide over the hinge on the Trail Tailor tailgate lid? I had the WagonGear version in my 100 series and it comes with a strip that helps it slide but it made the plastic plate cover heavy and bounce around with starts and stops, if that makes any sense.

Considering picking up Trail Tailor's storage lid.

Thanks

Oil, Oil filter, tire rotation 40K

Actually, last week. Switched out the OEM Continentals for Falken Wildpeak AT3W in LT285/65R18.
25A4C56C-4388-44AF-B452-9AF5C8E2483F.jpeg
049439AA-694C-451E-815B-64CBFB22FA9F.jpeg

Bought this a few months ago (Thanks @SGT0311):
IMG-2452.jpg

Included in the sale were the OEM wheels. Why not throw some snow rubber on them, so...
Finally put these on today, just in time for a big storm:
Nokian LT3s.jpg

Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3 275/70R18. First snow tires I've ever had and they were GREAT today! Nearly identical in size to the Nitto RGs (285/75R17) that were on there.
IMG-2894.jpg

Nitto on bottom, Nokian on top:
IMG-2895.jpg

Custom wings?

Also, how well does the plastic hinged rear floor mat plate cover slide over the hinge on the Trail Tailor tailgate lid? I had the WagonGear version in my 100 series and it comes with a strip that helps it slide but it made the plastic plate cover heavy and bounce around with starts and stops, if that makes any sense.

Considering picking up Trail Tailor's storage lid.

Thanks
2018 + has power lift gate /soft close tail gate. So the tailgate has extra mechanical devices in it. We made some extra “wing” pieces to hide them and clean up the look.

C7BE0FE9-AE8C-4F6E-86B9-657EAD2D4C5D.jpeg

Bought this a few months ago (Thanks @SGT0311):
View attachment 2142946
Included in the sale were the OEM wheels. Why not throw some snow rubber on them, so...
Finally put these on today, just in time for a big storm:
View attachment 2142948
Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3 275/70R18. First snow tires I've ever had and they were GREAT today! Nearly identical in size to the Nitto RGs (285/75R17) that were on there.
View attachment 2142949
Nitto on bottom, Nokian on top:
View attachment 2142955
That looks awesome! The Evo’s; what color would call that, gunmetal? I’m seeing a gold hue but that may just be the photos. I have a similar silver and think they look great.

Which rack is that? I’m not seasoned enough to know yet...

Thanks

That looks awesome! The Evo’s; what color would call that, gunmetal? I’m seeing a gold hue but that may just be the photos. I have a similar silver and think they look great.

Which rack is that? I’m not seasoned enough to know yet...

Thanks
Thanks! Can't take any credit as it was built (well) by the PO.

EVO Corse Dakar in anthracite

Front Runner Slimline 2 roof rack

Thanks! Can't take any credit as it was built (well) by the PO.

EVO Corse Dakar in anthracite

Front Runner Slimline 2 roof rack
Very nice. Those wheels (in that color finish) are on my short list.👍

Most Warn winches can be rotated on their mounts... You don’t say what the mounting issue is...but just in case it’s that...have a look at rotation.
Nah, it was a “cheap” off brand unit which would have been fine but the physical body hit the center headlight brace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom