What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I added a sub to the ML system. Major improvement in the low end range.
Installed a 6 button switch pad in the cubby on the left side and a relay box under the hood.
Added a 20" light bar behind the lower grill.
Replaced the radiator, water pump, hoses, belt, pulleys and all the other goodies that go along with it.

2018 + has power lift gate /soft close tail gate. So the tailgate has extra mechanical devices in it. We made some extra “wing” pieces to hide them and clean up the look.
10-4. Thanks

And...
Also, how well does the plastic hinged rear floor mat plate cover slide over the hinge on the Trail Tailor tailgate lid?

10-4. Thanks

And...
Also, how well does the plastic hinged rear floor mat plate cover slide over the hinge on the Trail Tailor tailgate lid?
It does catch. I’m going to get a custom carpet made at an upholstery stop

Nice! Still torn between this and @TrekboxX tail cover. That looks like a good amount of storage. The lid ends don't appear to be closing flush? Is this just the picture?

Very nice. Is the Trail Tailor lid a new product or the 100 Series lid adapted to the 200 series?

Nah, it was a “cheap” off brand unit which would have been fine but the physical body hit the center headlight brace.

Was it a Badlands winch? I'm having the same bumper mounted and have a 12K Badlands winch for it .

Thanks.

I noticed they also offer a primer that “etches” into metal surfaces...which sounds like a substitute for sanding...?

If you haven’t done this already, the RW rings are clear coated from the factory so any applied paint will have to stick to plastic/paint instead of metal. That is unless you have them blasted first.

I think they did this to keep them shiny.. but on one of mine corrosion is spreading slowly under that clear coat.

Was it a Badlands winch? I'm having the same bumper mounted and have a 12K Badlands winch for it .
No, it was a viper (motoalliance) 12k. I could have made it work but figured I’d wait since I’m not in any serious need to get a winch on my 200. The bumper will primarily serve as deer protection since wheeling is largely reserved for an 80 I have

I added a sub to the ML system. Major improvement in the low end range.
Installed a 6 button switch pad in the cubby on the left side and a relay box under the hood.
Added a 20" light bar behind the lower grill.
Replaced the radiator, water pump, hoses, belt, pulleys and all the other goodies that go along with it.
Can you post a pic of the 6 button switch pad in the left side cubby?

Can you post a pic of the 6 button switch pad in the left side cubby?

Sure.

switch-1.jpg

switch-2.jpg

switch-3.jpg

switch-4.jpg

under-hood-relay-2.jpg

Soft open tailgate mod on my 15LC. About 2 hrs. Took my time. Extra careful drilling to the hidden weld nut. Hooking up the torsion spring while holding the tailgate and trying to thread a hinge bolt at the same time was a bitch. Simple job but another couple hands would have sped it up.
1BCE2B82-F4A6-4A99-98BB-56A103489104.jpeg

Soft open tailgate mod on my 15LC. About 2 hrs. Took my time. Extra careful drilling to the hidden weld nut. Hooking up the torsion spring while holding the tailgate and trying to thread a hinge bolt at the same time was a bitch. Simple job but another couple hands would have sped it up. View attachment 2147764

Was it worth it?

Was it worth it?
I think so. I could never let the tailgate just drop. Lowered it by hand. Now I can just let it drop. Plus gave me something else to do on the LC.

Plus gave me something else to do on the LC.

Well, that right there is probably the best reason. Will probably add this to the list of projects next summer.

It adds some class that should have been there all along. They put the weld nut there. Should have finished the job.

Scrambled to TRY and get my new truck ready for the DMV appointment on Thursday.

HUGE shout out and THANKS to Jason (aka @TRAIL TAILOR ) and Andy at Autoworks of Redding (aka @fj80psi) for the help/advice with the required removal of my LRA aux tank to pass CA smog inspection.

I'll elaborate if needed, but DO NOT BUY A NEW VEHICLE out of state if you live in CA! Dealers will tell you whatever is needed to make a sale and then leave you to take care of title and registration, when they run into a foreseeable issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom