What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Engine bay cleaning. Tire dressing for some shine. Need advice on.areas around the battery. No corrosion just discolored. See last pics.

IMG_20190512_081624_310.jpg

IMG_20190511_133312.jpg

IMG_20190512_081624_309.jpg

IMG_20190512_081624_223.jpg

IMG_20190512_081624_225.jpg

What happened?
Driving down canal Street in Orange Beach, light pops. Wipe codes twice and kept coming back. Thinking it's a plug or wiring issue because it came on a few months ago and wiping the codes worked with no unusual shifts. Brennan is going to get it fixed in Daphne and I'll have to come back for it.

Starting to prep for our Winter Park/Moab/Ouray/Crested Butte 9-day trek. Mounted my Craigslist-find Mudders on the original rims. We’re going to drive out on our daily driver rims with the silky-smooth P-metric Michelin AT2’s but I don’t trust them on the trails. With the XL rooftop tent, 4 rims with 10-ply mudders and about 300 lbs of other gear, I went ahead and slapped some AirLift 1000’s on it yesterday. I haven’t terminated the lines completely yet and just have them lying under the tailgate threshold. Nothing is getting pinched so I may just leave it as-is.

88996F5A-66A6-485C-A049-84F1E5E141CE.jpeg

3CB23FFB-78FB-4A30-A1DE-73A1730A0FD0.jpeg

97048588-B3F8-474E-ACBE-D36810CA86C0.jpeg
0DB39821-B0E7-4310-810F-4763D154B906.jpeg

Decided I should pull on my front bumper filler to drag myself out from under the car. So I went to Harbor Freight and spent the $20 on a creeper I decided I didn't need last time I was there. This thing is made of some sort of saltine cracker material and doesn't look easily repairable. Now I need to fix, find a used one, or get a new one painted to match. Who know what glue will hold this space ice cream together.

IMG_20190511_073505.jpg
IMG_20190511_073501.jpg

Decided I should pull on my front bumper filler to drag myself out from under the car. So I went to Harbor Freight and spent the $20 on a creeper I decided I didn't need last time I was there. This thing is made of some sort of saltine cracker material and doesn't look easily repairable. Now I need to fix, find a used one, or get a new one painted to match. Who know what glue will hold this space ice cream together.

View attachment 1975719View attachment 1975720
I did the same when installing my ARB. I had a hell of a time finding a used set, lot alone in the right color, so ended up buying a set (3 pieces including headlight trims) from ebay for $66. Color matched spray paint from Paintscratch or similiar for $60 and it'll be new.

Or I guess epoxy it and see what happens. Mine broke because someone else had epoxied them in place before.

I did the same when installing my ARB. I had a hell of a time finding a used set, lot alone in the right color, so ended up buying a set (3 pieces including headlight trims) from ebay for $66. Color matched spray paint from Paintscratch or similiar for $60 and it'll be new.

Or I guess epoxy it and see what happens. Mine broke because someone else had epoxied them in place before.
I've already ordered some paint, so maybe DIY on a used one. $65 new in some places I've found.

Used left over carpet from doing my drawers to finish up the fridge mount
Before:

After:

Last edited:
I fixed the passenger side front window...
It didn't go down since I bought the vehicle.
While I had the door opened, I lubricated everything in there.
I also taped the plastic protector, which was all sliced up from previous monkey mechanics.

Earlier I tinted the sunroof super lightly.
Now it has that infra-red filtering, with lots of light coming in.

I also installed the WeatherTech window vents.
Trully very well made pieces.

New Tees and a new fuel filter. Never been changed as far as I know with 197K.

Also had a locksmith come and rebuild my ignition and make a new key!

My power window switch doesn’t work. None of my windows will roll down. Oddly enough, my master window switch is not working. It’s like it’s not getting power. Checked the fuses and everything, but it’s just not getting power. Hooked up a test light and a volt meter and got all the windows and locks to work, but the driver side just makes a loud clicking noise. No idea what to do next!

DB33EEF2-AC78-4C3C-BE15-E7A9BEAEB3C4.jpeg

7D733462-3802-45FC-8F54-07AFD63926D7.jpeg

I've had my LC since 2014 and the drivers side front speaker, even after replacing the speaker and radio, has never worked. I bought a wiring harness to replace the old one. I've had it almost a year. Can you tell I didn't want to replace the wiring harness. I thought it would be a pita. Nope. About 2 hours of taking my time and being careful to note where the plugs go, how they are routed, and it's replaced. I can listen to stereo now. No pics. It's pretty intuitive. I pulled the old harness out through the door and went back in with the new harness from the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom