Builds ADVFamilyHauler Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Played around in the snow last weekend. I am really impressed with the atrac system.

D14FBFC9-B710-42E5-9374-84A61316883A.jpeg

Wow 34 gallons sounds like quite a bit! All these mods have a domino effect. Extra tank means you need to relocate spare. Which means you need a rear bumper. Which means you are heavy and need better suspension!
yep, now you know how I ended up with 5 suspensions over 10 years on my GX lol

Went with Toughpro floor mats because I didn’t want to spend the money on weathertechs. I am pretty impressed with them so far, they don’t hold as much water as weathertechs but they are good enough for half the price.

AA376F1E-76C4-497E-9F02-40EE4FE311C7.jpeg

E5B9D9CA-AA7E-490F-8187-A299C6B00F04.jpeg

CA2AD150-492F-4BF1-97B0-B5AB35D06712.jpeg

Decided trim off the rear mud flaps. I also need to cut off the exhaust tip so that it doesn’t get destroyed while off-roading.

FB69DEE6-49A2-4B51-AF39-8E4ED9A13727.jpeg

CB7FDB14-6C08-4086-A83F-5CBC4D7FD0CA.jpeg

Awesome. Are the tires sticking out past the body clad? Maybe the angle of the photo makes it look like they are sticking out some. Removing the rear mud flaps gives you like a few inches of extra! LOL

Not too bad. What's the offset on your Method MR701 17x8.5 wheels? And do you have a typo on your tires or are they really 285/75? I run 285/70s.

0 offset. Not a typo, I wanted a 34” tire. Found out after I ordered them that the coopers run small. Unmounted they measured 33 3/8”. I was a little bummed but they look good on the GX. Surprisingly they only rub a little bit on the body mount. Going to get that chopped when I get the sliders welded on.

Installed the Yakima roof rack that I have had for forever. Nothing fancy but it gets the job done for lighter items.

48BBAB0E-4D32-41B4-BFA1-58CCA9B25E1B.jpeg

Chopped the cab mount. Now I need some metal to weld back in. BAMF precut metal pieces were too small and the tires would have still rubbed if I chopped it where their plates fit.

6EDD7850-29E2-496F-A832-6CF254AD058B.jpeg

So, how are you going to carry your military gas jerry cans? I'm still struggling to figure out how to mount them on my ordered Gobi ladder. I might have to fabricate a plate to attach to the ladder to safely attach a jerry can holder.

And what are your hub to fender measurements with your 285/75R17 tires and current lift?

Last edited:
So, how are you going to carry your military gas jerry cans? I'm still struggling to figure out how to mount them on my ordered Gobi ladder. I might have to fabricate a plate to attach to the ladder to safely attach a jerry can holder.
In the roof basket, strapped down with some ratchet straps. Fully loaded for a trip I will have 3 scepters (2 fuel, 1 water), turbo tent, and 10lb propane tank up there.

My biggest issue right now is how I am going to carry a 34” spare. I do like how @cosport carries his inside his GX.

In the roof basket, strapped down with some ratchet straps. Fully loaded for a trip I will have 3 scepters (2 fuel, 1 water), turbo tent, and 10lb propane tank up there.

My biggest issue right now is how I am going to carry a 34” spare. I do like how @cosport carries his inside his GX.
I am struggling with going jerry can for fuel or back to rotopax. Not sure I want that big wind damn on the roof with the jerry cans up there but also a bit concerned about rotopax leaking up there.

Oh and to keep you thinking on the spare tire. ;)

20181122_183056.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom