New GX build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With the death of my 500k GX i had planned to move to a larger platform, namely a 2G sequoia or LX570……

Plans changed and a great deal came my way.

2008 GX non Kdss
230k miles
Victory 4x4 front bumper, rear bumper and rack
Clean frame

Plans:

Snokel
80% off-road weld on sliders
Perry parts bumps

need help picking skid plates and suspension

I enjoyed my old man emu nitro chargers, but wanted to go a step up in the front to a 2.5” shock body. Give me your recommendations!

Also what UCA? My freedoms were good but i was looking at JBA.

IMG_0880.jpeg

IMG_2359.jpeg

IMG_0941.png

Well, some people recommend this, and others recommend that, meanwhile some go with other stuff. JK but really that's sums up the advice you will get soon!
Love the Red. Makin me miss my Red one!

Another vote for Ironmans. The FCPs have a 2.8" steel shock body. They are very hefty.

Another vote for Ironmans. The FCPs have a 2.8" steel shock body. They are very hefty.
Ah good to hear. I have a buddy who is a dealer on them who will give me wholesale

Very nice find. I’ve been happy with my Bilstein 6112s with HD 700# coils in the front. No front sway bar and HD Nolathane rear sway bar.

You can’t really mix digressive front shocks with linear or progressive valved rear shocks, so rear needs matching Bilstein 5160s or ICON shocks which are both digressive.

And with little extra effort and not much more cost, you can go extended rear travel in the rear. Just extend the center rear brake lines, get longer rear shocks and longer rear springs and done.

Very nice find. I’ve been happy with my Bilstein 6112s with HD 700# coils in the front. No front sway bar and HD Nolathane rear sway bar.

You can’t really mix digressive front shocks with linear or progressive valved rear shocks, so rear needs matching Bilstein 5160s or ICON shocks which are both digressive.

And with little extra effort and not much more cost, you can go extended rear travel in the rear. Just extend the center rear brake lines, get longer rear shocks and longer rear springs and done.

This is good to hear. I’ll be honest I’m not in rocks a ton but I’m on lots of sandy trails that are washboard or whoops, I’m not sure i need extended travel for that

Didn’t get many pics but took it out to a local orv park with some buddies to see how it felt. Atrac is a riot!
E658D95C-AE04-4A04-B5D3-2CCF3B9BEA5B.jpeg
IMG_1150.jpeg

Took it to a couple more trail runs and off-road parks to push it a little more, managed to kill a downstream O2 sensor so i have p0430 on 🤦‍♂️
(Tree branch impacted undercarriage on a hill climb)

Added a blue dogs designworks filler piece for the ugly little gap after removing the running boards

After driving my MILs trd pro sequoia i think im underpowered 🤣

Currently leaning towards this for the build, lighting is left off as i haven’t chosen a brand, and my winch still has to go on after heavier suspension. Anything I’m forgetting under the truck. Any thoughts??

Ironman FCP and UCA

ok expedition skids

80% off-road Rock sliders

eBay snorkel

Arb diff breathers

Extended brake lines

Perry parts bump stops

Perry parts coil conversion

Dr KDSS PCK

IMG_1585.jpeg
IMG_1176.jpeg

IMG_1586.jpeg

Ordered a Ironman FCP heavy front medium rear. Perry parts front and rear bumps and coil conversion, arb diff breather, eBay snorkel, super pro UCA, extended brake lines, lasfit switch panel, dr kdss rear panhard correction kit, and probably more i can’t remember lol.

Anyone running freedom off-road LCA? Also looking at the ok expedition skids and 80% off-road sliders.

replaced wheel bearings, gonna do CVs (Napa? I’m not paying oem pricing)

Just gotta settle on a lighting package. (Roof bar 3” pods in bumper, some sort of chase light and a reverse scene light. Relocate the rear camera is on the list too.

20240120_122957_Original.jpeg

Ordered a Ironman FCP heavy front medium rear. Perry parts front and rear bumps and coil conversion, arb diff breather, eBay snorkel, super pro UCA, extended brake lines, lasfit switch panel, dr kdss rear panhard correction kit, and probably more i can’t remember lol.

Anyone running freedom off-road LCA? Also looking at the ok expedition skids and 80% off-road sliders.

replaced wheel bearings, gonna do CVs (Napa? I’m not paying oem pricing)

Just gotta settle on a lighting package. (Roof bar 3” pods in bumper, some sort of chase light and a reverse scene light. Relocate the rear camera is on the list too.

View attachment 3574927
My NAPA CV's have held up great. Way better than I expected.

Lift is on.
Ironman FCP heavy front medium rear
SuperPro UCA
Extended brake lines
eBay dorkle
Perry parts bumps and coil conversion kit

Next i have to put the winch on, buy skids, put my breathers on, decide on my lighting set up, and build a table/sleeping platform.

Have to add downstream cat sensor defouler, fix a bad wheel speed sensor and figure out why my front calipers are dragging.

Almost ready for camping season!
IMG_3225.jpeg
IMG_3197.jpeg
image000000.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom