TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well today has been one to remember. I was walking out of McDonald's after doing a job, and got hit by a car .the woman didn't even look back . If I didn't yell , I would have went under the car. Started walking to the sidewalk, to calm down, then I hear the b....h peel off . There were no cameras on that side of the building, due to construction, had to wait over a hour for the cops to arrive, to make a report. Spent the rest of the day in the ER , I'm lucky as hell only to have a bruised knee.

Well today has been one to remember. I was walking out of McDonald's after doing a job, and got hit by a car .the woman didn't even look back . If I didn't yell , I would have went under the car. Started walking to the sidewalk, to calm down, then I hear the b....h peel off . There were no cameras on that side of the building, due to construction, had to wait over a hour for the cops to arrive, to make a report. Spent the rest of the day in the ER , I'm lucky as hell only to have a bruised knee.

Jesus dude.........

Damn Eric, glad you are OK for the most part

:censor: well that makes my need for some venting seem like just complaining... But I need to vent all the same.

Got a call from the Water Utility today that when they read the meter we had had 24 hour usage show. So tonight I go trudging thru the woods in my rain gear (it has been raining here since 6:30 this morning) to find the meter box and dip all the water out so that I could get down to the register to have a look and sure enough the leak indicator is spinning. My service line is about 1,200 feet long, but it is long runs of pex with valves at every joint. Unless a rock has punched a hole in the side, there are only 4 places it could be leaking, but with every box full to the top with water because of all the rain, I can't even get close to seeing the joints.

I crawled around under the house and checked the lines and I feel pretty good that it isn't in a supply line. We have put die in the toilets to check them right now, so up to now it is mostly just me venting, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the installation contractor f'd me over and didn't use the sleeves (THAT I PROVIDED HIM) when he did the initial install. So now it is going to cost me. I can likely do the repairs, but time is money as they say and I first need the ground to dry out enough for me to be able to locate it, then I can figure out what it is going to take to fix it.

I know it is just part of home ownership, but I know I have a problem, and I know how to fix it, but I can't find it and that is the part that is going to make it hard for me to sleep tonight....

Take care of that knee and get better, I just need some time to slop around and dig a hole or 2. Perspective. Makes my problems seem trivial.

Wow, that sucks! Honestly, the worst driving I have seen is Walmart, McDonald's, and church. You got lucky.
:censor: well that makes my need for some venting seem like just complaining... But I need to vent all the same.

Got a call from the Water Utility today that when they read the meter we had had 24 hour usage show. So tonight I go trudging thru the woods in my rain gear (it has been raining here since 6:30 this morning) to find the meter box and dip all the water out so that I could get down to the register to have a look and sure enough the leak indicator is spinning. My service line is about 1,200 feet long, but it is long runs of pex with valves at every joint. Unless a rock has punched a hole in the side, there are only 4 places it could be leaking, but with every box full to the top with water because of all the rain, I can't even get close to seeing the joints.

I crawled around under the house and checked the lines and I feel pretty good that it isn't in a supply line. We have put die in the toilets to check them right now, so up to now it is mostly just me venting, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the installation contractor f'd me over and didn't use the sleeves (THAT I PROVIDED HIM) when he did the initial install. So now it is going to cost me. I can likely do the repairs, but time is money as they say and I first need the ground to dry out enough for me to be able to locate it, then I can figure out what it is going to take to fix it.

I know it is just part of home ownership, but I know I have a problem, and I know how to fix it, but I can't find it and that is the part that is going to make it hard for me to sleep tonight....

Take care of that knee and get better, I just need some time to slop around and dig a hole or 2. Perspective. Makes my problems seem trivial.
I found my leak last week. Inside the wall at a toilet supply line. Easy to find with the entire first floor under water and the wall gushing. Good luck with yours.

11:00am - I go to the Sears website to look at a a treadmill. I last visited there, and ordered some wrenches, Xmas 2016. No communication in either direction since then.

11:33am - I get an email from Sears saying "Look at the items we've selected for you!". Treadmills.

Dammit. Private Browsing mode from now on.

Another offerup story.

Going to rebuild my turbo on the alltrac. The one on there is ok but has a slight crack on the exhaust housing and oil seals are also letting a little oil by.

I have a supra turbo to rebuild and throw on there but are also looking for already rebuilt ones to see if I can get it cheaper.

I find a ST185 turbo that I could use on my ST165 if I change the exhaust housing from the twin scroll to the single entry I need.

Description says newly rebuilt (posting was made 6 months ago) with t3/t4 internals. Upgrade over stock but he decided to go with a much bigger turbo for his MR2 build.

So I ask what the specs on the internals are.

"Not sure"

Me: so you didn't get it rebuilt yourself

"no I got it rebuilt by a shop"

Me: ok so could you call the shop if you don't remember to find out the specs?

"its and upgrade over stock I can tell you that"

Me: I know that but i'm not building anything wild right now, that will come later I need to know the specs so I can see how that will effect a mostly stock engine t3/t4 doesn't mean much by itself.

"it should be fine"

Me: well I can't just take your word for it for $400, if you tell me the shop and your name i'll call them and ask them the specs

"ok you got me I bought it like this"

Me: so you don't know anything about the turbo?

"I was told it was rebuilt with t3/t4 internals when I bought it, let me know when you want to come grab it and i'll get it out"

Me: No hablo english

As if my wife hasn't had enough problems, here come the Drs piling on.

On 1/19 she fell. When I was able to have her seated and looked at the shoulder she was complaining about there was an obvious bump under skin which wasn't supposed to be there. Broken collarbone I thought and drove her to the ER immediately. After a 6 hour stay the diagnosis was just a stretching of the tendons and muscles, something called a subluxcation. This was at High Point Regional Hospital.

Fast forward to 1/24, she had a major stroke and was transported to Cone in Greensboro. While treating her for the stroke they were concerned about the shoulder and confirmed by x-rays it was indeed fractured. On 1/30 she was taken to High Point Orthopedics and Sports Medicine to have her broken right foot put in a fiberglass cast. The PA who set the cast was concerned enough with the shoulder that he had another x-ray to see what was going on. (The rehabilitation facility set two ortho appts for her, one for the foot and another for the shoulder with the same PA.) The PA confirmed it was broken and the bones were separated by about an inch.

But it gets worse. Adding insult to injury we now come to High Point Gastroenterology. Last year she had GI bleeding, the result of something called AVM's. This group performed four colonoscopy's on her before they were finally able to find the source of the bleed. Last week they left a message on the answering machine saying it was time to schedule another colonoscopy. I called and politely explained that since so many were done last year she wasn't going to have more done anytime soon. I thought that was the end of it but I was wrong. Yesterday there was yet another message saying it was time for another. I will be returning their call after lunch and I will not be as polite as I was last week.

So sorry to hear about the stroke, David (and the other saga, too). Stroke recovery is a remarkable thing nowadays, so I hope she was attended to ASAP for the easiest time. I hate that you now have TWO fractures to deal with. It is becoming increasing common, among people I know, to have broken bones misdiagnosed. How is that possible, given the numerous tests and scans that are de rigueur in todays world due to malpractice concerns?

The solution to toxic masculinity is spiders. Let loose a few spiders in the house, wait for the screams and calls for a real man to get rid of said spiders. Spiders, helping manly men be manly for 10,000 years.

prayers are with you and your wife David.

as for the colonoscopy, i think it is a seasonal marketing thing. i had one done in 6 months ago and got an email from from the same group today telling me it was time for a colonoscopy. like do they think i forgot about the last one already.

The solution to toxic masculinity is spiders. Let loose a few spiders in the house, wait for the screams and calls for a real man to get rid of said spiders. Spiders, helping manly men be manly for 10,000 years.
I’d like to hear the story behind this.

How you doin? I was just reading back a ways :(

How you doin? I was just reading back a ways :(
I'm doing well ,had just a bruised knee.cops say I'm sol ,about finding her.

At first I was afraid, I was petrified....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom