TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

“Reason is intelligence taking exercise. Imagination is intelligence with an erection.”

For some reason I want some Cake...

If you can wait a couple days and cookies with icing will do, I just bought a 40 cookie cutter and want to try it out but don’t want to eat all the cookies myself and Adam isn’t in town.

@JohnVee , I believe I'm the only one that got the reference ;)

@JohnVee , I believe I'm the only one that got the reference ;)
Yeah, at first I was afraid, I was petrified, then I decided I'd be going the distance. After all, a lot of good cars are Japanese.

If you can wait a couple days and cookies with icing will do, I just bought a 40 cookie cutter and want to try it out but don’t want to eat all the cookies myself and Adam isn’t in town.
It'll be good to see you if I can. Text you tomorrow.

Time to turn this into a full rant.

Sprained ankle, have been wearing a neoprene brace all week. Favoring my right leg, my right knee has been feeling it. It normally swells after a game, and this left ankle injury never let my right knee heal up. Swelling in the knee has gotten progressively worse. I've been treating it with ibuprofen and ice. Last night, when kneeling down to pick something up, felt like my right knee dislocated. Shooting pain, hard to put weight on it. Had I not been a bit drunk, I would have been doubled over.

Took some more ibuprofen, more ice, more booze, and tried to get some sleep. Woke up a few times thoughout the night due to aches/pains in my knee. Went to emergeortho this morning to get help, because this morning I couldn't walk. They took x-rays, which looked OK, and diagnosed me with a possible torn meniscus. I have an appointment for an mri in three weeks to confirm.

So, to summarize, this past Sunday I sprained my ankle, knee has been getting worse throughout the week. Knee has popped a few times this week, but last night it was baaaad. Next few weeks will be aggravating for me, not being able to move much.

/endfullrant

Edit: see pic. Swollen left ankle, f***ed right knee.
View attachment 1883670

Three and a half weeks later, I had my follow-up. Wasn't using a crutch anymore, but I didn't see much improvement other than that. Doc says I need surgery to correct a torn meniscus, that's causing knee locking, among other problems.

bye bye moab

Three and a half weeks later, I had my follow-up. Wasn't using a crutch anymore, but I didn't see much improvement other than that. Doc says I need surgery to correct a torn meniscus, that's causing knee locking, among other problems.

bye bye moab
s***, a meniscus can wait till after Moab. Just be careful stepping out of Moonshine on rough terrain.

s***, a meniscus can wait till after Moab. Just be careful stepping out of Moonshine on rough terrain.

Not with a limited range of motion and random knee locking that's been going on.

That's terrible news brother...so sorry to hear.

Had the same type surgery on my right knee two years ago. It was done with the scope. I was up and walking the next day and even though I had to favor the knee for a while it was never something that kept me from doing what I wanted. BTW The injury was severe enough I wasn't able to walk as I was finishing up a mall walking exercise. The shooting pain felt like a knife in the joint.

You will do well. You are young enough to heal quicker than I could and the relief will be immediate!

Was in California for work last week. Fridge died Friday before I left. Scheduled a tech to come out while I was gone to fix the Evap fan. Two techs and $300 later and the fridge is still dead. Did some research, found out the Evap fan costs a whopping $70, so yay for frigidaire support costs.

Control board is the next thing to replace. Part costs $200. If that doesn't fix it, it's time to buy a new fridge, on top of the upcoming surgery costs.

Salt in the wound. Feels gooooooood

Toss that s*** and buy something else. Nothing is made to last anymore unless you have the knowledge to fix it yourself (and even then the parts costs can kill you. Example: Ever looked at replacing parts in a truck starter?). My $300 dishwasher has lasted longer than the $900 one it replaced. Works better, too. It's just slightly more noisy and the cycles are a little longer.

Was in California for work last week. Fridge died Friday before I left. Scheduled a tech to come out while I was gone to fix the Evap fan. Two techs and $300 later and the fridge is still dead. Did some research, found out the Evap fan costs a whopping $70, so yay for frigidaire support costs.

Control board is the next thing to replace. Part costs $200. If that doesn't fix it, it's time to buy a new fridge, on top of the upcoming surgery costs.

Salt in the wound. Feels gooooooood
Sheesh when it rains it pours. We've been fighting our fridge for a while now. Apparently. thanks to youtube, there is an issue with the fan as well. During install they pushed the fan too far onto the shaft and it causes rubbing and somehow it to freeze up. We took it apart pulled the fan maybe 1/8 to 1/4 in and felt it click into place. It's been working great ever since.

Sorry to hear about all your recent troubles dude. Hope you get some relief on the knee soon.

I will rebel against the constant tyranny of government always knowing everything about me, I have rights, dammit! An I am a private citizen and.....

Hey! Cool!! Its Googles Street View Car!!! Everyone, wave! Hey Google! Bezos rocks!

LOL - pretty much sums up a lot of stuff, Izzy! :)

I will rebel against the constant tyranny of government always knowing everything about me, I have rights, dammit! An I am a private citizen and.....View attachment 1919415

Hey! Cool!! Its Googles Street View Car!!! Everyone, wave! Hey Google! Bezos rocks!

:lol: Love it.

BTW, bezos = amazon, but he is pretty awesome. Page and Brin both rock :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom