TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When you check website and call in advance to confirm hours of operation and show up to a multi billion dollar corparation and they have a hand written 8.5x11 sign taped to window for seasonal hours. FU martin marietta.

I can give you another large multibillion dollar corporation you can say they to as well. Lol

Bumming in again because I need to vent for a minute. (again much appreciation for you all allowing me to jsut vent over here)

Why is there are no O's in a VIN not the very first thing that anyone who deals with registrations is taught!!!

I bought my 98 4Runner several years ago and apparently when it was first titled, some dingbat put an O in instead of a 0, so every year subsequently I have had to jump thru hoops to get my tags renewed and admittedly, I should have had it fixed sooner, but I typically don't just drive around with the Title in hand to turn in for a replacement, and going to the registers office is not super high on my list of things to do unless I have to. So I made it work.

Well fast forward to this morning and I am trying to get a temp tag so I can take the truck to have my mechanic do a once over on it so I can sell it and they are like you can't sell this truck with this title, so I told my wife to just see if they can take the old one and just apply for a new one since she was there with the current title in hand and could surrender it (as I was told that was what would need to happen). Well no sir, not that easy. You have to go home and do a tracing of the VIN and bring that back so they can check it... WTF I hope the door plate is stamped (honestly can't remember) because I sure as hell aint pulling the dash to try and get a rubbing of that plate. So now I could loose a sale if any potential buyer doesn't want to wait on the new title to come in, and we are having to go thru all this for a car that was bought and paid for years ago.

There is enough blame to go around here and I think I am most aggravated that I didn't rectify the issue when I first noticed it. And any potential buyer will either understand or they won't, but the fact that I have been told different stories about exactly what has to happen to get it sorted, and now knowing what that is going to entail simply because someone put an O in instead of a 0, well that is what is currently my biggest rub. Anyway, rant off. We will get it sorted, just super annoying.

This commercial makes me crazy. The general public of the USA think this is what 4 wheeling is all about. However who does this any more? When is last time you destroyed a field in 4wd? Never. @Izzyandsue thoughts on how to tell kia they are complete mo rons for running this ad?

This commercial makes me crazy. The general public of the USA think this is what 4 wheeling is all about. However who does this any more? When is last time you destroyed a field in 4wd? Never. @Izzyandsue thoughts on how to tell kia they are complete mo rons for running this ad?

They are targeting cattle rancher's kids. All 12 of them. :)

Thats the stupid ass driving that gets people excited, unfortunately. And not only Kia drivers will drive like that, Truck night in america style, braking sheeet all the time. But, a Kia Rio makes a great 24 Hours of Lemon racer.

Thats the stupid ass driving that gets people excited, unfortunately. And not only Kia drivers will drive like that, Truck night in america style, braking sheeet all the time. But, a Kia Rio makes a great 24 Hours of Lemon racer.
... 24 hours of lemon race, this is a thing?

We need a team. We would crush it.

@uzj100 brother I don't even know you, but let's build.

I would send this to my buddies that TurboBrick it, but just because they spent a couple hundred on their Volvos doesn't mean they haven't dumped five times that into them.

View attachment 1925125

@uzj100 brother I don't even know you, but let's build.

It would be fun. Grew up with sports cars and driving very quickly in the country. Raced 36 hours of uwharrie the last 3 years. Worked on cars since age 10. Can drive or fix or whatever. I would vote for a Honda crx and crush this race.

It would be fun. Grew up with sports cars and driving very quickly in the country. Raced 36 hours of uwharrie the last 3 years. Worked on cars since age 10. Can drive or fix or whatever. I would vote for a Honda crx and crush this race.

Funny you say that because I had just messaged my CRX friend and... He's apparently done it twice. He said that by the end of race entire front end was duct taped together.

I did it a bunch of years, got busy with other things and haven't been there in a while. This was the last car I entered, a 924. Thats Nick Short leaning on car, from CRP, we got to build it in his race shop and he was co-driver. The headgasket blew on day one...

Alright. I already called my buddies that own a shop out in Redneckville. They are right next door to one of those cheap ass auto sales places, so they're gonna ask around. There's a FB group in NC for vehicles for $500 or less... That would be next.

this should all be in chat but, just sayin' .....

this should all be in chat but, just sayin' .....

HISS (I knew someone would say it eventually, I'll start a thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom