Bolt on turbo kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just got done doing a bunch of maintenance things to the rig in anticipation for pending turbo. All new oil gaskets/seals & fluids.

I did a compression check to see where my engine is at right now with 235,000 miles.

#1- 178 psi
#2- 177 psi
#3- 178 psi
#4- 180 psi
#5- 180 psi
#6- 180 psi

I was surprised how close all the numbers were. I’m thinking I’ll just slap this turbo on & run it.

Joey, to confirm we won’t have NA #’s
(Prior to install) & turbo #’s (post install)
To compare to? Or did you miss out on dyno-ing a TRD SC’ed rig to compare turbo to super charger #’s?

082400FA-65DD-492C-ADDF-8ABD1114D495.jpeg

Pre-turbo numbers will just have to be an aggregate of known numbers. That ship has sailed despite considerable effort.

100% on getting post-turbo and SC numbers. I won’t be time regulated then.

Pre-turbo numbers will just have to be an aggregate of known numbers. That ship has sailed despite considerable effort.

100% on getting post-turbo and SC numbers. I won’t be time regulated then.

Anaheim is down the street from me, if you wanted to get my #’ pre & post, I’d be willing to try & make the time to get those numbers, if you wanted.

My rig could be the constant variable to compare #’s.

I can probably be convinced to get a post dyno too, just need to hunt down some 265 rollers.

Joey,

I would be a hypocrite if I said you don't really need a pre-dyno.

I know I have a group of 6 trucks that were all dyno'd on a Dynojet with STP corrections that all fell within the 125-135awhp range. But being a self-proclaimed numbers guy and calling out another vendor for not dyno'ing his product before selling it I would really like to see you get someone local to do a pre/post. I would even be willing to kick in the cash for the pre dyno.

I am very confident in my numbers and I still say you will see at least 70+ hp increase at the crank. So 166-180awhp.

I know you tried very hard to get the pre numbers, and we all know you are working very hard to make this thing badass! While I no longer have any skin in the game, I think it would only go to prove this is the best product. :)

Joey,

I would be a hypocrite if I said you don't really need a pre-dyno.

I know I have a group of 6 trucks that were all dyno'd on a Dynojet with STP corrections that all fell within the 125-135awhp range. But being a self-proclaimed numbers guy and calling out another vendor for not dyno'ing his product before selling it I would really like to see you get someone local to do a pre/post. I would even be willing to kick in the cash for the pre dyno.

I am very confident in my numbers and I still say you will see at least 70+ hp increase at the crank. So 166-180awhp.

I know you tried very hard to get the pre numbers, and we all know you are working very hard to make this thing badass! While I no longer have any skin in the game, I think it would only go to prove this is the best product. :)

Thanks. Yeah I’ll cover the pre-turbo dyno cost. It was already budgeted anyway so no big deal there. I’m not trying to avoid getting the number, I was just forced into the timeline.

FWIW Dylan’s motor is strong. Plenty of power and drive all the way over here with zero issues. There are a few grades along the 40 and the truck was doing 75 the entire way with not a single hiccup. It does/did leak on the oil pan...but that’s no longer an issue

If there's a place in San Diego (Sandy Eggo) that can manage AWD dynos, I'll do it. I have a 97 with 145k on the clock. I'll prob do a comp test this week sometime.

While I'm not too far away from Weistec, with my 55+hr/week work schedule, I don't think I can pull off a day trip up there, pre and post. Let me do some googlin around - if someone knows of a good shop here, I can explore.

Dude! I know you aren't trying to avoid it!! I just don't want any naysayers out there talking s*** that it wasn't done, especially since I made a big stink about not providing proof about before and after tests with performance enhancing products. So really it is just for me to save face, so let me know if you want me to split it with you. Haha.

Thanks. Yeah I’ll cover the pre-turbo dyno cost. It was already budgeted anyway so no big deal there. I’m not trying to avoid getting the number, I was just forced into the timeline.

FWIW Dylan’s motor is strong. Plenty of power and drive all the way over here with zero issues. There are a few grades along the 40 and the truck was doing 75 the entire way with not a single hiccup. It does/did leak on the oil pan...but that’s no longer an issue

yay! Maybe I won't be sitting on these :hmm:
No you won’t.

I also spent time staring at the big area below the grill behind my bumper. I’m picturing the intercooler right there...

^^^^

I am truly impressed, Joey. I give you a lot of credit. This is beyond the best you’ve done in my opinion. Keep up the good work we are all supporting you.

Need some measurements:

Can I get a few of you folks two get me two measurements?

I am locating the cat and cut Y-pipe for the downpipe but we would all benefit by making sure all of us have the same placement.

Where the front cat is now, I need a measurement from the inside of the edge of the pinch weld to the edge of the pipe.

Then I need the measurement from the bottom of the body mount disc to the top of the pipe.

Thanks in advance.

02DD812E-5706-4179-B114-9AA74915280C.jpeg
749FC376-4D40-42C7-91B8-9AB36FC6DF79.jpeg

Need some measurements:

Can I get a few of you folks two get me two measurements?

I am locating the cat and cut Y-pipe for the downpipe but we would all benefit by making sure all of us have the same placement.

Where the front cat is now, I need a measurement from the inside of the edge of the pinch weld to the edge of the pipe.

Then I need the measurement from the bottom of the body mount disc to the top of the pipe.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1890180 View attachment 1890183

Pinch weld to pipe on mine is 4-1/8"

Disk to top of pipe is 1-5/8"

Pinch weld to pipe on mine is 4-1/8"

Disk to top of pipe is 1-5/8"
I got the same measurements, but my pipe in front of the cats has a heat shield.

033561A7-AB73-47E3-BA13-D4CB96FAA211.jpeg

3D5ADABA-A164-4E9F-8310-9B398CFE17D9.jpeg

On my 97, I've got right at 4" between inside edge of pinch weld and pipe.
From bottom of disk to top of heat shield around pipe I come up with 1 15/16" (could be off a 1/16 or so).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom