Builds 80 series where to start! Again.... (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Because I moved to Salt Lake City.
Hey Ryan - where in SLC have you moved to? I am in the process of relocating there too. Just waiting for my house in NJ to sell. Most likely will buy in Draper.

I had never really spent any time in SLC, so right now I am just renting so I can spend some time checking out areas.

So far I have found that many of the "cute" neighborhoods downtown have small quant homes with no off street parking and small lots. A lot of people still love those areas but for me, I really want a garage and some space. To get that you are going to need to move out into a suburb. A lot of people I work with really like Sandy, Cottonwood Heights, Foothill and Emigration Canyon. Traffic is not too bad, I basically drive across Salt Lake City to get to work and a 6:15 in the morning it only takes 15-20min.

I am still very new to the area so I have a lot to learn about the area. lol

Hey Ryan - where in SLC have you moved to? I am in the process of relocating there too. Just waiting for my house in NJ to sell. Most likely will buy in Draper.

@scottryana any progress, updates? this is one of my fav threads

No unfortunately not, the truck is still sitting at the body shop. Their first attempt to fix the door was unsuccessful. So they had to redo it.

@scottryana any progress, updates? this is one of my fav threads

Oof sorry to hear that. I'm experiencing something akin to that with some repairs so can empathize.

Good luck and keep us posted.

J

Hey @scottryana, just curious if you've (test)fitted the Hypertune manifold? I've been looking at this and the Plazmaman one and wondering exactly where the throttle body sits. Just my speculation but intake piping(or maybe even the throttlebody itself) seems like it may butt up close the battery tray?

You will need to relocate the battery tray and cap the distributor. That manifold is really not for 99% of the 80 series out there it is really for a purpose built truck.

Hey @scottryana, just curious if you've (test)fitted the Hypertune manifold? I've been looking at this and the Plazmaman one and wondering exactly where the throttle body sits. Just my speculation but intake piping(or maybe even the throttlebody itself) seems like it may butt up close the battery tray?

any updates??

Still at the body shop. The first time they told me it was done you could clearly see dents in the door the second time it was supposed to be done was 3 weeks ago. I need to call and harass them, I will try and go out there tomorrow and see what’s going on.

any updates??

thanks for the update and good luck!

You will need to relocate the battery tray and cap the distributor. That manifold is really not for 99% of the 80 series out there it is really for a purpose built truck.

Moving battery isn't a major issue. What do you mean by cap the distributor? I do intend to do COP conversion and thus standalone.

Cap the distributor as in have a cap made to replace the distributor cap. Since you will still need to use the cam signal produced by the distributor unless you drill a hole in the front of the head and use an aftermarket cam pick up.

Moving battery isn't a major issue. What do you mean by cap the distributor? I do intend to do COP conversion and thus standalone.

@synapse This is the cap I have for my distributor. It was made in Aus. I can get the contact info if you need it.

img_2397-jpg.1474205

img_2398-jpg.1474206

Thought this might have been what you meant. I remember seeing it around somewhere. If you can shoot me a PM with who to contact, that would be greatly appreciated!

@synapse This is the cap I have for my distributor. It was made in Aus. I can get the contact info if you need it.

img_2397-jpg.1474205

img_2398-jpg.1474206

Can you post the contact info for the distributor cap/cover? I'm gonna need one too.

Ok I give up. Free Lexus just go pick it up at the body shop. Lol
Yikes!

I'm so fired up for this build but I can't imagine your temptation to run away at this point. Hope not, bit I get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom