80 Series Engine Turns, but doesn't start up - MY 1994 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys! Rich is my neighbor and I helped him work through some of the suggestions. Here is an update of what we did:
- Replaced all three fusible links as a precaution.
- Tested the cig fuse to make sure the radio wasn't down due to a simple fuse issue. Fuse was good and cig works though radio does not. Radio does not come on at all.
- Checked the engine fuse in the dash fuse block and it both good and was getting voltage when key in run.
- EFI fuse in engine bay checked out good and got voltage when key in run.
- Unplugged the Air Flow sensor (actually unplugged by removing the retention clips and not unscrewing) and no change in the CEL behavior of not coming on at any time during the key cycling through run to start.
- Checked the plug on top of the distributor and it looked fine and was seated properly.

Also to note, for some reason the charcoal canister has damage and is no longer sealed. The top seems to have melted on the leading side after a hot drive in the desert. it is fairly localized and nothing else seems to be affected by visual inspection. Not sure if that is related or not, but wanted to put all the information out there.

Would love some more input on what to check next. Any thoughts?
Started typing this like an hour ago, so if it’s now irrelevant the disregard haha

2 things.

One in the dlc connector on the pass side fire wall, locate W and use a jumper to ground this pin out with the key in the run position. This should cause the Check engine light to illuminate. If it doesn’t, the the bulb is dead.

2. Id start by checking the main ground lug on the back of the intake. Make sure it’s not loose. Check for batt voltage at the ECU Then start probing the VC circuits in the wiring diagram. If one of these is shorted it will cause a fault in the ECU… ie crank no start.

IMG_4731.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom