Headlight conversion 7” round (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only way it will work would be to cut the lx grille. The vertical frame piece is on the edge of the face frame. That frame piece needs to be there to hold the thing together. I will look at just making a custom one. Might take me a while before I can get to it though. Glad you need one:)

When you say, "That frame piece needs to be there to hold the thing together", do you mean to hold the grille together or to hold the headlight bezel together?

Would cutting it like I showed in my previous post work? Or would the grille need to be cut in a different spot?

Well don't rush anything for me! I'm going to take the headlight and grille out to better understand what's going on back there.

When you say, "That frame piece needs to be there to hold the thing together", do you mean to hold the grille together or to hold the headlight bezel together?

Would cutting it like I showed in my previous post work? Or would the grille need to be cut in a different spot?

Well don't rush anything for me! I'm going to take the headlight and grille out to better understand what's going on back there.
The headlight has a 4 piece frame, the inner vertical frame piece is in the way of the LX grille. I might be able to modify my prototypes and make it work for you. I will look at it once I get back home. On vacation now so I’m limited.

The headlight has a 4 piece frame, the inner vertical frame piece is in the way of the LX grille. I might be able to modify my prototypes and make it work for you. I will look at it once I get back home. On vacation now so I’m limited.

Ah, I understand.

Well, stop talking to strangers on the internet and go enjoy yourself!

Building the stuff, and it’s a lot of work!!:eek: For those of you patiently waiting, I thank you. If this were my full time job, you would have already had them. Soon though.

This pic is just the 80 series items, building the 100 series too.

D90BCD9F-A0A0-42AF-A5C2-7F3081299EC8.jpeg

Any updated photos of these grills and lights installed? All I have seen is a partial install and one where it is all painted green and I don’t have a good idea of what the finished product looks like.

Any updated photos of these grills and lights installed? All I have seen is a partial install and one where it is all painted green and I don’t have a good idea of what the finished product looks like.
Should have photos soon. I have been building the first batch of these and will ship them out in a couple weeks. Once everyone installs them, then we will have some good photos.

Anyone have ideas on finishing theirs? Was thinking hot or cold galvanize and then spray black?

Picked up some 7" Vision-X Vortex LED headlights and amber 3/4" LED 3-wire rounds to go with the headlights. I was looking at the Trucklight 27270C LED 7" light as well for this conversion, glad I didn't as I purchased the Trucklight for my Harley and it has a noticeable hotspot.

Galvanize seems like a good start i had not considered that.

I haven't purchased any lights yet but there is a cheap set i am considering first since i they get good reviews and i won't cry if i hate them. Just wish led lights were not all 5k and above. I don't like the blush or super white as much. May have to deal with that. The fogs will be Amber though

Here is a teaser of what I picked up Sunday!
Thank You @kelly saad !! First class product from a first class guy! I just did a quick test fit. Please keep in mind I threw this together to get some pics up. I will post more when I get everything adjusted.
IMG_20180827_200101_493.jpg
IMG_20180827_200101_495.jpg
IMG_20180827_200101_499.jpg

IMG_20180827_200101_489.jpg

I just found out about these, this is a work of art!

Clearcoat would look good. Dark headlights to make it look like the cruiser has no soul...

Clearcoat would look good. Dark headlights to make it look like the cruiser has no soul...
My inserts around the head lights will be black. My cruiser has no soul.... Or flares. The whole truck is flat rattle can paint.. basically the head lights and grill being on my truck is like hanging a Picasso in the men's bath room of a truck stop.

MOAR!

That does look really good! I guess I will get to see if my hood is bent and how bad my lower valance will look after mounting it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom