Headlight conversion 7” round (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where are all the install pics??? Any finished products?
I just finished installing all the headlight mounts, so I can ship them out now. Should be soon.

Here are some pics of low beam than high beam. I am really liking the KC gravity headlights. Now that I got everything how I want it, I can send it off to be painted. My wheels will be painted to match the outer parts of the grill and headlight housings. While everything is out I will be wiring everything up and doing some maintenance.

IMG_20180912_223136_230.jpg
IMG_20180912_223136_229.jpg
IMG_20180912_223136_227.jpg
IMG_20180912_223136_233.jpg

I would look into clear marker and turn signal lenses to really give it a clean look.

I would look into clear marker and turn signal lenses to really give it a clean look.
Me too on my 100, the amber thing is ugly.

C0F8C4A8-9AE1-4CF5-A53B-B41F87C8CC17.jpeg

The clear lights I have seen are cheap Chinese stuff.. I have a set and they fit like s***. Any suggestions on Toyota clear lenses
Someone in the 100 series threads was selling clear Toyota lenses for the 100, maybe he can get them? I heard that someone bought the Chinese lenses and one melted.

You can buy LX450 corner lights, I had picked up a depo as a replacement for one that broke. Fitment is decent. I personally haven’t tried any clear turn signal lenses as I haven’t broken one... yet...

Reactions: KTP
Pshh the clear lenses make me think ricer. Give me ambers any day. Can’t stand the clears.

+1

I put clear lenses in the turn signals since they are right under the headlights & that looks less dated, but all clear corners looks like a trend that passed 5yrs ago.

I’d like to see what the LX450 ‘fried egg’ looks like at some point, but no Depo clear corners or tails for me.
A light dusting of either Testors purple translucent or plain smoke translucent across the amber part of the taillights might be good, depending if you want the amber to go red or just smoke the amber.

I've noticed that more of the new vehicles are running more amber lights but the lenses are generally clear. Our clear corner lenses that came on the lx450s are diffused clear which I don't think looks great. The LEDs behind them are very amber so they look ok when lit i guess.

croppedfinalgrillelit.jpg

Currently spec-ing out my grille. Need visual clarification:

@kelly saad :Were the large or small hexagons used on the grille, pictured above, with the sombrero logo?

Were the large or small hexagons used on the grille, pictured above, with the sombrero logo?
Those are both small hexagons, and 1 piece. The center slotted grille is a two piece.

@kelly saad :Were the large or small hexagons used on the grille, pictured above, with the sombrero logo?
Top of this page shows a large version of the hexagon

Some changes have been made to all my grilles and headlight housings. Every bolt-on location is fully adjustable now. In the picture above, you can see all the attachment locations, which are welded on. Now all these are bolt on, with slotted bolt holes, so they are all adjustable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom