8x Series V8 Swaps (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 4L60e transmission. I assuemed the transmission would have that built in. I am using the GM ecu to give the start signal to starter.

Guess I will find a dash, The Dakota has a high out put, that won't work?

I am using a 4l60e trans. I assumed the transmission would have the PNSS in it. I am using the GM ECU to send the start signal to starter.

The Dakota digital box has a high output, that won't work on my tach?

I am using a 4l60e trans. I assumed the transmission would have the PNSS in it. I am using the GM ECU to send the start signal to starter.

The Dakota digital box has a high output, that won't work on my tach?
what year ?
you do not need whole dash ( cluster) all you need is tachometer part screw holes r all same it will screw right in
i have 1991 so took me sometime to figure it out

what year ?
you do not need whole dash ( cluster) all you need is tachometer part screw holes r all same it will screw right in
i have 1991 so took me sometime to figure it out
That worked great, I got an used 06' dash today, took out tach and swiped it out! It works! Nice Call

Can't seem to get 12v at the a/c compressor clutch wire, any ideas? thanks

Factory wire still intact?
From what I can tell its still running all the way to the dash, I'm having trouble locating the ig2 connector however. When I turn the A/c on i get and increase of about 300mV.

Last edited:
I think the toyota A/C controller wants to see more than just pressure. Apparently it uses the tach signal and some temp sensors too. Mine is an LX climate control that uses even more sensors. I have my dakota digital tach converter connected straight to the black tach wire that came out of the toyota PCM. My A/C clutch wire got power as soon as I charged the system up.

Yeah, I assumed you were charged up and ready to go.. it won’t do squat till it’s got some pressure in the system.

I think the toyota A/C controller wants to see more than just pressure. Apparently it uses the tach signal and some temp sensors too. Mine is an LX climate control that uses even more sensors. I have my dakota digital tach converter connected straight to the black tach wire that came out of the toyota PCM. My A/C clutch wire got power as soon as I charged the system up.
a/c system is really simple most systems use two pressure sensor and one temperature sensor on evaporator, even modern cars
so if there is no pressure in the system unplug sensor by a/c dryer (high side) and plug in jumper wire in the plug and you will get signal on compressor wire

1991 FJ80 / Cadillac Escalade EXT 6.0L LQ9 / 4L65E using Marks adapter to the TLC transfer case. I'm to the point of cutting out the engine mounts on the Land Cruiser. Passenger (right) side went quick. Driver (left) side is buried under a power steering rack and wrapped in brake lines. How did you guys get this mount cut out? Is it only the '91 that wrapped the brake lines around the mount?

Last edited:
IMG_5903.JPG
Well i have put 180 miles on my LS Swap. I did a slightly built 5.7 Corvette Alloy engine with a 4L60E trans and Marks Adapters. Runs super strong. I just got the AC lines made and filing it now. Thank you to all that have posted in the Treads, could of not done it without your posts.

I am still going to put the stock air box back in, just could not wait to drive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom