1974 FJ40 "Bones" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

945DD173-129D-4E94-B2ED-7A4B70AD3407.jpeg
Wish my 74FJ40L was finished like that, very nice detailed work

1. Painted the bumpers to clean up the dune beige over spray. Primed the inside of the quarter patch panels with Masterseries Coatings Silver . This stuff looks like it will do a great job of protecting the 40. Once they are dry I will spray with chassis black paint.
    20171210_140515-jpg.1589506
    20171210_140550-jpg.1589507
    20171210_140532-jpg.1589508

Just received my new jack tool bag from Cruiser World. Good quality and the tools all fit nicely. Shipped from Netherlands so shipping was expensive. Still glad I purchased, definitely looks better than my old canvas money bag I was using.
20180129_203403.jpg

Spare tire carrier, it appears to be painted but where is it? Build looking good.

Black OEM rims with 33x10.50’s would send this rig into another stratosphere. :bounce::cool:

What year weatherstripping did you use for your doors? OEM or Aftermarket?

I bought OEM from Land Cruiser Parts <sales@cruiserparts.net>

------------------------------------------------------
1 x FJ40 Front Door Weatherstripping Right 64-74 (68108-60030) = $52.51
1 x Front Left Door Weatherstrip for Early-1974 FJ40 (68109-60020) = $57.99

Nice work! cant wait to be at that stage.
From your pics it looks like you painted your rig outside, which alot of people would say is less than ideal. just wondering what your experience was with painting outdoors because i would like to know what to expect since im in the same boat so to speak.
also can you recall the cfm of the compressor you used?

Last edited:
From your pics it looks like you painted your rig outside, which alot of people would say is less than ideal. just wondering what your experience was with painting outdoors because i would like to know what to expect since im in the same boat so to speak.

Yes, it was our only option, no paint booth available. It worked out pretty well. We tried to select a non-windy day to paint. Still had a bug or two and a few particles in the paint. The buffing took out the bugs and particles and I think it turned out good for an amateur job. It was a lot of work and took much longer than I expected but I am happy with the results.

The compressor was my brother-in-laws, I will ask him about the cfm and get back to you.

Yes, it was our only option, no paint booth available. It worked out pretty well. We tried to select a non-windy day to paint. Still had a bug or two and a few particles in the paint. The buffing took out the bugs and particles and I think it turned out good for an amateur job. It was a lot of work and took much longer than I expected but I am happy with the results.

The compressor was my brother-in-laws, I will ask him about the cfm and get back to you.

Everybody wants a 20k paint job I’m good for a DYI 800 lol, with som practice we will get there. Thanks

Here is a pic of the compressor we used to prime and paint. We had to wait occasionally for the compressor to rebuild pressure in the tank but it was not a big deal.

20180203_160051.jpg

mine is about 7 cfm at 40 psi, runs constantly while im sand blasting. Got it from a yard sale around the corner for 50 bucks just gunna use it till the pump goes out :hillbilly:. thats awesome it worked, hear so many people say you need a compressor that puts out high cfm's to paint blah blah blah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom