1974 FJ40 "Bones" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great... I’m 27 years in and mine isn’t as purdy. I’ve found that the black bezel gets lost now that I’ve installed LED headlights. When I get a chance I’m going back to a white bezel... it’ll likely be when I fix the rust that’s creeping into th sheet metal below. I hope to do that when I finally do the P/S conversion... you’re right, it never ends.

Thanks for the link - following along now!

First question - when mounting your spare KM3 to the tire rack - did you space it out at all? On the City Racer rims my tire hits the mount - makes me worry that I’d bend the rim tightening the lugs.

I had to add a 1 inch spacer (sq channel behind tire mount) when I had 31x10.5 tires. Did not have any issues with KM3 7.5r16, left the spacer on. Tight fit though for the handle to unlock the carrier.

20180527_161634.jpg

Did like this. Could not find a picture of mine. I wanted to be able to padlock my spare.
IMG_7245.JPG

Did like this. Could not find a picture of mine. I wanted to be able to padlock my spare

That’s how I would do it! I may have to take the spare off and do that for peace of mind (although if I bent the rim the damage is done I suppose). I strongly suspect the rubber sidewall would compress before the steel wheel bends though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom