Builds SLOW 71 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:rofl:...:meh:...the boss referred to herself the other day as pigpens wife...:lol:

is that like when a woman turns 32 for the 19th time?

I'm close to that as well, altho for me, it's all in spray paint and staples...

Love that pig :)

img_3193-jpg.1480481

Thanks Dave!

Reviews of the shower after we used it at the Pig Party are good. Plenty of water pressure, the water temp. can get too hot, but can work around that. My wife used @ 7 gals. of water and I used @ two gals. for one shower... Less hair I'm thinking! :)

Oil pumping out the rear ARB locker air line round 4.

Since the Pig Party I've talked with the techs at ARB and with Diamond axle (again) about the gear oil coming out the solenoid for the locker. I've replaced O-rings three times and the o-ring housing once, but oil still pushes past them. Seems everybody is agreeing it's a vent problem, even though Diamond has plenty of vent. They vent the axle behind a brace that separates the axle tube and the pumpkin housing. Their thought was to drill another hole in the brace, so I did. I had asked about putting a vent in the pumpkin housing itself, their reply was the oil would migrate out the vent ( close tolerances ), so I made a baffle to keep the oil from getting to it, we'll see what happens.

I went with a larger 1/4 vent and will tie into the other one. Another piece of information, ARB is saying they have had problems with Redline syn. oil breaking down their seals at a faster rate than dyno oil, so I'm going back to reg. gear oil.

Pictures for fun...here's my baffle and the extra hole I drill into their brace. You can't see Diamond's vent holes, but they are at the ends of the pretty welds around the seal, towards the left.

IMG_3311.JPG

Here's the extra nipple, much bigger!

IMG_3312.JPG

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought we air tested your locker at the party and it only held for ½ hour or so?

FYI when I air tested mine the gauge held steady for 24 hours.

You're right and when I asked the ARB tech, he said 15 minutes is normal? I do believe I had another air leak going on, but when I get this back together and retighten everything, I'll check again.

You know that was one of the best things I could of built. Worked perfect for getting to all the hard spots.

Well, after all that work on an extra vent in the rear axle, I still have oil coming up the ARB line. After talking with both reps from ARB and Diamond axle and not getting any answers other than "nature of the beast" I'm going to let it pump oil out. Hooked up a drain hose to the solenoid and ran it outside the body into a catch can. The can has a drain on it, so I'll do that for awhile until it gets old and I replace the ARB with an E-locker. At least I had fun making the catch can...

IMG_3335.JPG

Last edited:
Now, I haven't .had much use for my elocker, but it never pumps oil out...the only thing simpler than the elocker, is a cable locker...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom