Builds SLOW 71 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drove it out of the shop today, runs fine, but have a steering wheel issue, I think is fixable. I didn't get it on a highway to let it run yet, but it feels good. I'm toying with the idea of pulling a military trailer with us. I hooked one up just to see how it would sit, not too bad empty.

IMG_3190.JPG

IMG_3192.JPG

That one is a M101A3, it was redesigned for the Humvee. The military finally went with a new trailer for the Humvee and it's a totally different model, M1101. The M101 started out being built for the M37 3/4 ton vehicle. I like the M101A3 because of the new axle it has. Great heavy duty trailers. If I take it, I'll have to rewire the lights for the 55.

It has the 37" Humvee run flat tires on it.

You could put a few spares and mebee a rostisserrie in that thing! Makes pig look like toy truck

The one I'll build for a camping trailer will have the same wheels and tires as the 55 and the same width axle. The trailers really pull nice. My Son pulls one with his Xterra

Maybe trough a couple goats in the back and we can have a goat roast. :)

Nothing like knowing the name of your meal and getting to watch them in the rear view for hours on end.

I just got back from a trip down the highway and happy to report no drive line vibrations, had it up over 70 and she steered straight. The clutch is a huge improvement, smooth easy pedal. Greasing the input shaft really helped and removing those weights off the pressure plate seems to be the ticket.

I'm calling it good and start on the packing!

I wired the lights up on the trailer and shot some camo paint on it, don't want any points removed for rust at the Shine n Show. I really can't think of anything else to do for the trip.

EMBark already!:D

All dressed up and nowhere to go... ah the ant is a patients...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom