DT Headers Dyno Result Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome work here. Obviously I'm reading all this much after the fact. Didn't own a LC until this year.

Wondering if anyone ever did these mods on a VVT-i? I have an 06, and didn't see any comments as such from the 06-07 crowd. Just curious....

Anyone with these passed Colorado emissions test? Would love to get rid of that ticking noise and boost power but I'm afraid it wont pass the test.

My 2000 has passed WA emissions for 7 years (tested every other year) with their headers and WA is a "CARB state".

There is no reason your truck would not pass emissions in CO with good cats/O2 sensors unless they perform a visual inspection.

On an unrelated note, there was a leak in the collector of one of the headers that was discovered while installing a new exhaust. Called DT to discover that they had redesigned the headers after the initial group buy run here back in 2010. The 1st production run was coated mild steel and they are now stainless steel with thicker manifold flanges.

They credited me 100% of the original purchase towards new headers. That's what I call a lifetime warranty!

Mine are apparently the ones before they switched to stainless, they are heavily rusted.
I just sent them an email, hopefully they will treat me right.

IMG_7355.JPG

IMG_7357.JPG

Last edited:
Mine are apparently the ones before they switched to stainless, they are heavily rusted.
I just sent them an email, hopefully they will treat me right.

View attachment 1472024
That looks cosmetic and to be expected on coated mild steel IMO. The issue wasn't the mild steel vs stainless per se. There was at least one production run done before a design refresh to address some issues. Don't have the specifics on them or know if it was all mild steel units though.
If yours were from the GB on here in 2010 then they're probably from the affected lot. Post an update when you hear back. :beer:

That looks cosmetic and to be expected on coated mild steel IMO. The issue wasn't the mild steel vs stainless per se. There was at least one production run done before a design refresh to address some issues. Don't have the specifics on them or know if it was all mild steel units though.
If yours were from the GB on here in 2010 then they're probably from the affected lot. Post an update when you hear back. :beer:

After a couple of emails, they offered me the new stainless model at a slight discount. Their warranty doesn't cover rust. I'll remove my original ones, install new stainless ones, clean all the rust off them, and then offer them up on here for cheap to someone.

After a couple of emails, they offered me the new stainless model at a slight discount. Their warranty doesn't cover rust. I'll remove my original ones, install new stainless ones, clean all the rust off them, and then offer them up on here for cheap to someone.
Let me know about these, wouldn't even care about the rust.

Can anyone report on changes in mpg with these? No regrets from anyone? I'm moving out of California and will be in a county without smog laws so I'm free to do what I want with my cars finally!

DO the de cats help? Do they throw codes?

Anyone else have their DT headers corrode and start leaking? I installed mine about 6 or 7 years ago and now my passenger side is leaking. Very annoying.

Anyone else have their DT headers corrode and start leaking? I installed mine about 6 or 7 years ago and now my passenger side is leaking. Very annoying.

The PO of my vehicle said the gaskets that DT provides were pretty low quality. When he bought the vehicle (that I now own), there was a pretty bad exhaust leak. He replaced the gaskets with Toyota gaskets. Is that what you are referring to supra88?

No I used brand new Toyota gaskets and just threw the DT ones in the trash.

No I used brand new Toyota gaskets and just threw the DT ones in the trash.

So the leak is from corrosion? Where is the leak originating from? While the leak sucks, at least it sounds like they will stand by their parts...

The first batch of DT headers were made with crap metal. I had to replace mine as well.

The first batch of DT headers were made with crap metal. I had to replace mine as well.

I think we were part of the group buy together. What was the process for you to get a new set?

Called them up and explained. They sent out new ones at reduced price to me (or possibly free to some others). I would play up the fact that the install labor bill is insanely expensive and they need to make it right.

Okay I called. The guy on the phone was a complete ass. He directed me to sending all my information to their email as a warranty claim. Luckily I was able to find my receipt. It does say 'revision A' for the headers so I'm guessing it's the crappy metal.

IMG_1777.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom