🔧 Seeking Advice: Compatibility of DT Exhaust Headers for LC100 with LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, I have a quick question regarding the compatibility of DT exhaust headers designed for the LC100 with the LX470. My 2001 has the dreaded exhaust leak on the front of the driver’s side. I've been considering repairs/upgrades and came across the DT headers for the LC100. I know the LC100 and the LX470 share nearly identical platforms. Still, I wanted to reach out to the community and see if anyone has firsthand experience or knowledge about whether these headers will fit the LX470 without any modifications. I want to ensure a proper fit before making any purchases. I would greatly appreciate your input if you have any insights, recommendations, or alternative options that work specifically for the LX470 (considering the AHC and related plumbing). Has anyone used autoaccessoriesgarage.com in the past? They seem to have the best price but seem limited in their knowledge.

Thank you in advance for your assistance! Feel free to comment or DM me with any information you have.

[URL un
1687632146642.png
furl="true"]https://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/img/group/main/30/3021_1_lg.jpg[/URL]

What will these do for you?
Well, apart from turning money into noise, they should add throttle response and horsepower, with appropriate mods.

I’m just looking for a permanent solution. This job seems like something I’d only want to do once. From what I have read here, these seem like the better option, oem having failed with 130k. I am open to other suggestions. This rig will not be babied, it is intended to be a daily driver on horrible roads and frequent road trips. If there is a better option, let me know.

are the headers actually available?

Bump for update.

I've done both, put the DTs on my UZJ-100 and replaced the original headers with a donor set on my LX. The DT headers have had issues with cracking in the early days, but I don't know if that problem has persisted.

IMO, if you can't get the DTs and can be without your LX for a bit, either find a pair of donors to swap in or pull your existing headers and get them re-welded and resurfaced and new gaskets and studs. That is by far the most cost effective and was actually easier a self install than the DT headers. Granted the LX is a PITA on the DS if you still have the AHC garbage installed.

Is it possible to weld the cracked header while it’s still on the car? If not, I might remove my originals and have them welded. I’m just not sure where/who/how to have them resurfaced. I’m chasing a donor/parts car (1999 LX) abandoned at a body shop, but I haven’t heard anything from the titled owner in two months. This 100-series hobby is a passion project. I often get discouraged but reinvigorate once I visit her in storage and turn the key.

A new log by itself will run about $320- then add gasket and studs.

Welding is absolutely possible and might run you $75-$100+\~ if removed and taken to competent welder- and depending on where the crack is ,welding while still mounted may be possible but prob not realistic with the tight space and angles- (I’d plan on pulling it)

Fwiw- The weld failure was only an early range of trucks and the part was updated (not really an issue any longer). Buying a new replacement log should be trouble free for the remainder of the vehicle life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom