The 300K Freshen Up (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked this cruiser up 70,000 miles and 7 years ago. It has been my daily driver and never failed me once. It has had it's hiccups and needs but I never once hesitated to load up and drive from Colorado to California or take it up above timberline in the Sangre de Cristos. After 7 years of faithful service and coming up on 300K it was time to put the final list into action.

What I started with 7 years ago...

Start.jpg

start engine bat.jpg

Last edited:
So here's the 300K final projects list...
H55 Upgrade and Rebuild Transfer Case....done... Pre 85 H55 Upgrade FJ60
Knuckle Rebuild, Wheel Bearings, Seals, Pull 3rd and inspect, Restore Axle. Done
Rear Wheel Bearings, Seals, Pull 3rd and inspect, Restore Axle. Done
Finally fix rip in drivers seat properly (been poorly sewing it closed for years). Done
Figure out what to do about surface rust on frame and rust prevention. Done I could use some advice
Replace Current Pinnacle Engineering 3" Lift with ? Going to drive up to see George once the above items are complete.
New set of shoes to replace the 31s that are almost racing slicks at this point. Going with 32" BFG AT. Done

Last edited:
I wasn't real sure what the color was supposed to actually look like. I had the paint shop mix me up some Toyota 861, I thinned it to spec and shot it on. It really is a great color with a very light metallic.

Yeah the color looks awesome! Wonder if the lighter base/primer is making pop a little more. Been doing my normal thing and researching painting like crazy as it is FINALLY starting to thaw and warm-up around here which means I need to get on the remainder of my rust repair ASAP so I can get some new skin on BeBe.

Great Looking Truck!

Boioioioingggg....!! Color looks like the Chevy medium blue metallic on my old 82 pu. That is a beautiful job. That pic of the seat is a crackup! Why Toyota didn't just produce them with a hole there I don't know! Hope the new cover repair includes something much heavier in that spot.

Trail Tailor has some nice replacement aprons and clips when you're done. It'll go great and keep it clean!

Gorgeous truck! Love the color. I need to black out my wheel wells... looks so much better.
I used POR15 on them 7 years ago so I put it on again. Stuff held up great. Here's a pic from a couple of days ago before recoated

IMG_4866.JPG

Great looking 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom