The 300K Freshen Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's the semi gloss. The high heat flat black is a great color too, almost a metal grey, used it on the exhaust manifold not sure why I didn't take a pic.

Last edited:
The rear axle is back from the sandblaster, I did the front one by hand as I wasn't confident I could get all the sand out due to the metal ring inboard from the axle seal. So much less work this way.

IMG_4964.JPG

Nice! Good to know that you had success with having someone blast the housing. I have a blaster and so I did my rear housing and while I loved how it turned out, I spent hours flushing the sand out of the housing. And that was with taping the ends of the axle tubes shut. It sucked bad enough that I wire wheeled the front housing.

Nice! Good to know that you had success with having someone blast the housing. I have a blaster and so I did my rear housing and while I loved how it turned out, I spent hours flushing the sand out of the housing. And that was with taping the ends of the axle tubes shut. It sucked bad enough that I wire wheeled the front housing.
Just like cleaning a rifle

IMG_4971.JPG

Yup... looks like our stuff here. When I got BeBe that is what she looked a lot like, but she hailed from SLC, UT which means lots and lots of salt on the roads (which also meant lots and lots of rust holes that I didn't know about)!

Makes it fun for some bolts coming out huh!

Yup... looks like our stuff here. When I got BeBe that is what she looked a lot like, but she hailed from SLC, UT which means lots and lots of salt on the roads (which also meant lots and lots of rust holes that I didn't know about)!

Makes it fun for some bolts coming out huh!
Makes it a PITA for sure. The only one I snapped the head on was one of the rear bump stop bolts. At least it was easy to get the drill to it.

They really did come out good. A lot better than my feeble attempts over the years of sewing the hole shut by hand. The new foam they put in is quite an upgrade too. It was getting to where I was pretty much sitting on the metal rail that ran through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom