The 300K Freshen Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's great to hear. When I redid mine I just overlaid new foam, reinforced with felt, over the degraded spots. I think new seat foam will be the next step.

I was planning on going this way but most of the shops around me were quoting $150-$200 per seat just to overlay foam to "smooth things out" and then repair the upholstery as @mwebfj60 did. The only place I have seen (granted have really looked hard) for new seat foam lowers is SOR and they want $200 for one. So after all would be said and done you would be looking at close to $400 for ONE new chair just to keep the OEM look. I think I spent less than $150 (with buying tools) for my PT Cruiser seats and fabricating new mounting brackets. And then I invested maybe 6hrs total into fab (spread over a few days due to new puppy and being home alone for a week!).

Anyways, love the old seats but the new ones are AWESOME!

Yeah, modern seats may be inevitable at some point - and no doubt they are the best bang for the buck in terms of increasing comfort. But if keeping the original look is a priority what mweb has done is sweet. I ran Subie seats from a wrx for a bit and switched back just cause every time I opened the door they looked really out of place. I've seen other modern seats that look pretty good tho.

I kicked around the idea of going with BMW seats but I really wasn't willing to give up on the stock look and feel. The door panels and all cloth front and back is mint (other than the damn drivers seat panel). When the door panels go, or another part of the seats go it will be time for a full interior upgrade/downgrade depending on your outlook on classic original style. I have seen some really good looking interiors pieced together from newer vehicles so only time will tell.

Back on the road finally! The 32s fill up the fender wells just right I think.

IMG_5013.JPG

IMG_5037.JPG

IMG_5038.JPG

Undercarriage, I ended up leaving the coating that was still doing its job, scraped wire wheeled and painted the problem areas, keeping an eye on the other spots that are borderline. Sometime soon, I will give the whole undercarriage the to be determined product.

IMG_5056.JPG

IMG_5058.JPG

IMG_5059.JPG

IMG_5063.JPG

What's the story w/ the alt belt? ** went back and read it's not a 2f right? Is that why? And seriously is this all you've done in the last few weeks or had you only recently decided to get it into a thread?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean about the alt belt? It's a 2F. The things listed in the thread I have gotten done over the last month or so....just checked...started all this Feb 12th. The rest, engine, engine bay, paint, was all done in 2010. I never did a build thread as I wasn't doing anything special, just rebuilding and restoring along the way. But as of now, it's official, I have taken apart, refurbed, wire wheeled, inspected, replaced, every component on/in the vehicle. Minus the headliner...it looks fine so it's not getting touched! The work I outsourced was: machining of block and head, sandblasting various items, resizing driveshafts, tint, and replacing seat fabric on front seats.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean about the alt belt? It's a 2F. The things listed in the thread I have gotten done over the last month or so....just checked...started all this Feb 12th. The rest, engine, engine bay, paint, was all done in 2010. I never did a build thread as I wasn't doing anything special, just rebuilding and restoring along the way. But as of now, it's official, I have taken apart, refurbed, wire wheeled, inspected, replaced, every component on/in the vehicle. Minus the headliner...it looks fine so it's not getting touched! The work I outsourced was: machining of block and head, sandblasting various items, resizing driveshafts, tint, and replacing seat fabric on front seats.
It isn't a v belt, mine are all v belts on my 2F. And even when I swapped my alt for a cs130 I had the pulley switched to keep running the v belts.

LOL... are you sure you really want to do that?! I have wondered the same, since owning BeBe and how much money has been given to her. But that is the part of giving these old cruisers life, sometimes it takes a bit of money, sometimes it take A LOT of money.

Lake/sierra pics are awesome.. what area? Has to be somewhat low as there is a LOT more snow than that up here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom