The 300K Freshen Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That pic is from Hermit Lake in the Sangre de Christo range in Colorado. That was end of July, yep, still snow up there that time of year. Elevation is a little over 11,000.
Ah ok... that makes a little more sense. It looked like some of the tracks that I have been on outside of Strawberry (off 120 not up 50) so that is why I was asking. I would love to get the Land Cruiser out to Steamboat Springs where I have family and explore out there some, if nothing else go up Buff Pass or Rabbit Ears and explore along the Divide some.

Yup that is for sure... should be there for the 4th of July and definitely taking the bike again to do some riding.
Very nice! I plan on rolling through that area toward the end of June. Picking my son up from the Air Force Academy and we're going to road trip the 60 up through the Dakotas and across to Oregon..hopefully popping into Canada to have a cruise around then back down the coast to Cali.

LOL... are you sure you really want to do that?! I have wondered the same, since owning BeBe and how much money has been given to her. But that is the part of giving these old cruisers life, sometimes it takes a bit of money, sometimes it take A LOT of money.

Lake/sierra pics are awesome.. what area? Has to be somewhat low as there is a LOT more snow than that up here.

Well, I'm right at 12,500 all in including purchase price. Doesn't include tires, cleaning supplies, or oil changes. Figure 20 oil changes over 60k miles and this is the 2nd set of shoes. Not bad.

yeah that is definitely not bad and still cheaper than a "new" car. Think I have spent maybe $6k including tires and oil changes over the last 3yrs with included maintenance to the head when the HG went last year taking the wp with it (or vise versa).

I need to warm the engine up and take my compression readings again... I did it cold a while back and pulled about 130psi across all cylinders. Should have the loaner carb soon so I can see if I can figure out what is going on with my carb. Thanks to Simon (@LAMBCRUSHER) and his finding that donor rig I now have two of the three doors I need. Other two doors are in decent enough shape that I may try to salvage. So now all I really need to do is replace the rear wheel wells/fenders and then I can start prepping body for paint. Found a color that I think I really like, Rustoleum Deep Slate, that I will probably spray the truck.

Today was the day...

IMG_5212.JPG

IMG_5204.JPG

Holey s*** man, even down to the year! Sweet.

I was trying to get all the work done and to the 300K in March...the cruisers bday is 03/83...ran into a couple of setbacks. Technically we went past 300 a while ago with the 10% rubber overdrive factored in. No way of knowing when larger tires were first put on but it had 31s when I got it 60k ago.

I was trying to get all the work done and to the 300K in March...the cruisers bday is 03/83...ran into a couple of setbacks. Technically we went past 300 a while ago with the 10% rubber overdrive factored in. No way of knowing when larger tires were first put on but it had 31s when I got it 60k ago.
Funny guy. So sentimental. We are such dorks over our trucks eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom