LS swap up and running (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
LS1 Aluminum 5.7 with forged rods and pistons, all new with a 4l80e trans. T-case rebuilt by Overland Cruisers (local to me). Extended range 36 gal. tank, new driveshafts from Tom Woods. Should be a hoot! Now it's carpet time, couple small spots to deal with on drivers floor, otherwise this is a super clean rig with only 134k original miles, seats are still mint. It's been a haul, I work for a while and lose steam and it sits. Now I can hear it rumble and it's game on!

Pics

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

Nice. Quick question, is that 36 gallon fuel tank specific to that motor? I was thinking of dropping a larger one in my 60 but the only option I've found is a fugly 40 gallon. 36 seems like a nicer number. :)

Nice work! Which Overland Cruisers is local to you? If it’s the Montana one, you should bring this out to a 406 Cruisers meeting and show it off!
Yes, in Montana. This is actually my wifes '60, I have a Triple Locked 80 on 37's

Nice. Quick question, is that 36 gallon fuel tank specific to that motor? I was thinking of dropping a larger one in my 60 but the only option I've found is a fugly 40 gallon. 36 seems like a nicer number. :)
Not specific to engine, but to the 60 series. Came from the Landcruiser Shop/Selkirk Offroad in Sandpoint I think. Edit- It's a 42 gallon!! Honestly looks good installed

Nice!

Your old one is currently undergoing a heart transplant. 6.2L and 4L80. Should be ready to roll in a month....

Nice!

Your old one is currently undergoing a heart transplant. 6.2L and 4L80. Should be ready to roll in a month....
Nice! I can tell you though if I had it to do over again I'd not do a 4l80 with the stock splitcase. Hard to get the T-case shifter bracketry worked out!

Nice! I can tell you though if I had it to do over again I'd not do a 4l80 with the stock splitcase. Hard to get the T-case shifter bracketry worked out!
Yeah, that came back to bite me at one point (I couldn't get it out of 4L), and so I dug in and could definitely see why. V.2 will have a transfercase from Valley Hybrids with a different s***ing configuration (twin sticks), along with a custom built HD transmission, so I'll hope for the best. I'll post some pics when I get her back together and on the road. She looks the same as when I bought it (your profile pic!), though I did some body work on the roof and front inner fenders. I gutted the interior, put in some new carpert, sound deadener, new front seats and Tuffy console. She certainly smells a little better, though she hasn't been moving for about a year and a half, give or take. There was a different, humorous thread on the general topic, but upon gutting all of the interior, I found what every single FJ6X owner finds upon inheriting a 60 from someone else: Shell casings, kids' pens and/or crayons; discarded fuses and maybe a beer tab or two! It's like we're all cut from the same cloth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom