Personalizing the whip / goodbye Caddilac (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay...I have committed, as of yesterday my Cadillac SRX is GONE. I drove the LC everyday for a week, to work, Target, buncha restaurants, my everyday stuff. I can totally handle this being my everyday car!
Now...I need help with wheels, I'm used to rolling around on shiny things, I know, that's not "'96 Land Cruiser" typical, but I'm convinced that I can put my own little spin on this vehicle, ....within reason.
I like big wheels, what is the biggest wheel and tire combo I can put on without having to lift it? Obviously they are not gonna be super shiny chrome 26" wheels with low-pro rubber, I just need something a little bigger than 16 & 17. Thoughts? Suggestions?

(be nice, i'm on a flat island on the Gulf Coast, I won't be doing any off roading, or anything like that, I know if I wanted a ghetto ride with big wheels I should have gone with an Escalade, but let's all just think out of the normal box a little bit)

20161109_120314.jpg

You can easily fit 18's, 20's I have even seen 22's. Are you going to be putting an all-terrain on it?

A BFG KO2 in a 305/55 20 would be about 33" it is a good height for stock trucks.
Copy his setup :grinpimp:

You can easily fit 18's, 20's I have even seen 22's. Are you going to be putting an all-terrain on it?

A BFG KO2 in a 305/55 20 would be about 33" it is a good height for stock trucks.

Yeah, was thinking all terrains, looking for the perfect wheel before I pick out the rubber.

Mr. T just cried a tear in his sake...

I would say 18 is the biggest. Unless you do some ridiculous turbo setup like @scottryana then you can do whatever you want without mockery. :grinpimp:

Not the intent of this thread but I kinda echo ZackR. I couldn't be happier with my KO2 in 285/75R16. No rubbing on stock suspension and lots of sidewall for a comfortable ride. Look is good too. If big wheels are your thing then go for it and post some pics when done but you'll probably not find massive amounts of others following this trend here.

You should be thinking bigger tires not bigger wheels. 17" is pretty big...
Stop bringing common sense into this dangit!

C'mon folks, obviously the OP doesn't want to be like the rest of the crowd. The OP already said that they want "to put their own spin on it" to me the statement of anything larger than an 18" wheel on an 80 series is abhorrent. 20"+ wheels are for blingy jeans and blingy things soccer mom type vehicles... And 49"+ sticky comp tires. They aren't natural for a cruiser and will likely make it less of a pleasure to drive like they do most other vehicles. 20's on a 100 series is a little more acceptable if you like showy things. But that doesn't matter, the OP doesn't want to be part of the off-road crowd...just part of the 80 community and that's fine too..
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
so let's keep those opinions to ourselves.

Welcome aboard...do as you please and I'm sure we'll be friendly...ish..

I told y'all...think out of the box, I'm not looking for big bubbly looking tires.

I'm a chick from Texas, I'm not trying to scale a mountain.....I have a Surf Shop, 3 dogs and a husband with a lowered Silverado with 26's on it. The smaller looking rims is throwing me off. It's just not what I'm used to.

C'mon folks, obviously the OP doesn't want to be like the rest of the crowd. The OP already said that they want "to put their own spin on it" to me the statement of anything larger than an 18" wheel on an 80 series is abhorrent. 20"+ wheels are for blingy jeans and blingy things soccer mom type vehicles... And 49"+ sticky comp tires. They aren't natural for a cruiser and will likely make it less of a pleasure to drive like they do most other vehicles. 20's on a 100 series is a little more acceptable if you like showy things. But that doesn't matter, the OP doesn't want to be part of the off-road crowd...just part of the 80 community and that's fine too..
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
so let's keep those opinions to ourselves.

Welcome aboard...do as you please and I'm sure we'll be friendly...ish..

I can totally handle "friendly-ish". and I appreciate it. I was mainly looking for the specs y'all would think could work.

I told y'all...think out of the box, I'm not looking for big bubbly looking tires.

I'm a chick from Texas, I'm not trying to scale a mountain.....I have a Surf Shop, 3 dogs and a husband with a lowered Silverado with 26's on it. The smaller looking rims is throwing me off. It's just not what I'm used to.
And we're telling you...no... We enjoy our narrow view And we ain't changin :hillbilly:

Total tire diameter no more than 35" should be fine. You may have to trim a little bumper cap up front. So...whatever wheel you want as long as you're not exceeding 35" diameter and I would stay less than 12" width for steering scrub purpose unless you have a correctly backspaced wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom