Emergency brake light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an emergency brake dash light that comes on when its really cold when I first crank it but goes off once the truck seems to get warmer. It usually stays on for a minute or two then goes off. It also may come on for 20 seconds or so once warm but always turns off. Any ideas?

I have an emergency brake dash light that comes on when its really cold when I first crank it but goes off once the truck seems to get warmer. It usually stays on for a minute or two then goes off. It also may come on for 20 seconds or so once warm but always turns off. Any ideas?
Low brake fluid warning.

Check your fluid level. If it's fine, then unplug the sensor in the master cylinder cap. If that cures the issue the sensor is bad.

Low brake fluid warning.

Check your fluid level. If it's fine, then unplug the sensor in the master cylinder cap. If that cures the issue the sensor is bad.
Thank you sir. I’ll try it

There are only 2 things that trigger the brake dash lamp. Fluid level sensor in the brake fluid reservoir cap and the hand brake switch.
As previously stated, check the brake fluid level and make sure the connector on top of the cap is in good shape. A faulty wire or connector will illuminate that light.
If your hand brake is not set up correctly or without enough tension due to corroded bell cranks, when you hit a bump the handle can come up triggering the lamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom