Andy's Taco build thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_0392.JPG
IMG_0368.JPG
IMG_0374.JPG
IMG_0401.JPG

Last edited:
Get some flares. I know how the Lampeter cops are. I think a tool box would be a good move too.

Finally took care of the cooling system! Drove it about 15 miles - so far so good. Going to take it to work tomorrow (25 miles each way).

Here is the difference in radiator height. Now sits above the frame and bolted right up!

Also put in a 2wd fan shroud I found on Rockauto.

IMG_0422.JPG

Put about 100 miles on it today. Drives great, coolant still looks like new!

Drives great on the road - a little stiff. Hoping it is a smidgen softer once the bumpers and sliders are on and it is loaded with gear.

Tires are AWESOME. Balanced good, and tried a little 4x4 action tonight - good and grippy!

Have a nice oil leak from the distributor, picking up a new o-ring tomorrow. Alignment scheduled for Friday!

Last edited:
Put about 100 miles on it today. Drives great, coolant still looks like new!

Drives great on the road - a little stiff. Hoping it is a smidgen softer once the bumpers and sliders are on and it is loaded with gear.

Tires are AWESOME. Balanced good, and tried a little 4x4 action tonight - good and grippy!

Have a nice oil leak from the distributor, picking up a new orimg tomorrow. Alignment scheduled for Friday!
I would expect it to soften up. Wheel it hard to break it in! What lift did you use? I'm glad you like the tires so far.
Where do you get you have your alignments done. Last one I did I took to slims over by pep boys on 462. I had a hard time finding anyone that knew how to do a lifted truck

It was one of those cool old school places that don't rely on computers for everything.
I was happy they could only adjust the tie rod because the cam bolts were seized. Yours probably are too.:p I waited in air ride seats from a 18 wheeler. That was 7-8 yrs ago.

What Andy said, wheel it hard, down hill off camber, try to get the weight of the truck to compress the springs.
On finding a good place to do alignments, if you have a dealer near you that does the aftermarket lifts on there trunks and sells them, they usually are good for lifted alignments.

(off topic)I am OCD so I eventually ordered new front lower control arms and eccentrics, I have to sawzall the old arms out to get the new ones installed, then I used a marine grade grease on them, still haven't locked up, every time I take it to work to do an alignment it is always like brand new, moves easily. Stuffs great, used it on all my suspension bolts, everything moves nice...

@caz I'm pretty sure I have an aluminum diamond plate tool box in the garage for a Taco. I'll check tomorrow.

I have several out in the shop Andy, but don't remember what they came out of. If you can send me the bed measurements inside the box rails, I'll measure them up to see if any will fit.

I have several out in the shop Andy, but don't remember what they came out of. If you can send me the bed measurements inside the box rails, I'll measure them up to see if any will fit.

DOH! Meant to measure last night and forgot. Will take some measurements tonight.

Thanks!

My biggest complaint about this truck is probably going to make you laugh. The stock armrest on the driver's door is SO uncomfortable that my elbow has hurt all week! Anyone have any suggestions? Do they differ on other year 1st gens?
Don't worry about it. Your biggest complaint in July at cmcc will be no ac!
I know the door panels from 01-04 are different but I don't know if the arm rest part is. I suggest opening the window for a arm rest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom