Andy's Taco build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have several out in the shop Andy, but don't remember what they came out of. If you can send me the bed measurements inside the box rails, I'll measure them up to see if any will fit.

outside bed rails is aboit 61" and inside dimension is 56".

@caz Everything I measured is too big to fit a Taco bed. It seems most of them came out of full size pick up's. I do have one more in storage I'll check.

On a separate note, my son took the fiberglass cap off of his 1991 Yota pickup. It's in real nice shape and I'm sure he'd give you a heck of a good deal on it if you're interested. If so, let me know and I'll get you some pics and measurements. Best thing is it's red too!

A guy on ebay has some used troxler cases Product Detail They look similar to the military pelican cases. I ordered one for my self for tools and parts in the runner. It may be a option for you.

There was a taco at Moab they had a big military medical case they kept there gear in.

Look what showed up after 7 weeks! Looks like it was worth the wait. Also looks like a giant pain to install - welding required...

20160610_113148.jpg

I visited Jamarquardt's house this morning. He did an incredible job welding on the bumper crossmember. It was a lot of work and I was glad I didn't attempt it alone - especially with my marginal welding skills.

Thanks Andy!!!!

20160625_190331.jpg

20160625_100759.jpg

20160625_123946.jpg

Last edited:
Wow- looks awesome, you guys did a great job and that is a killer bumper! Changes the whole complexion of the Taco in my opinion. And I saw Andy's welding skills when his frame tore on the trail last year- he did a great job re-welding it under less than optimal circumstances, used Doc's onboard welder out in the hot sun and welding in a difficult spot to get at on his truck; it turned out as good as you could have hoped. Was able to drive the truck back out to the staging area.
Hope the bumper doesn't get scratched at Rausch in a few weeks.............

That was a real bummer we had to slot the holes so much. If you decide you want it to be further from the body we can slot the lowers further and run a stich weld along the upper tab and winch plate. I think it could be cut with a grinder if you needed to remove it. It wouldnt mess up the power coat too much either. only about 2" where you wouldnt see it with a winch on. ;)

Truck looks great!
Are those the same wheels you had on your 40, only black?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom