Andy's Taco build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the compliments all. I am excited to get this thing on the trail for a shakedown! I love having a pickup again - finding it very useful around the house.

The wheels are similar in style to the ones on the 40, but those were 15" Eagle Alloys, and these are 16" Pro Comp.

24 hour turn around! Unusual for Weavers, but I'm not complaining!

20160701_164116.jpg

Looks even better now. What did you do for turn signals? Add them to the marker lights?

I added motorcycle turn signals to my grill. Worked nice and easy, cheap too.

image.jpeg
These are on my 4Runner, did something similar on my old Tacoma, but don't have any pictures. Simply bolted into the grill. I also modified a set of motorcycle mirrors for use on the street with the half doors and when I put a windshield back in.

The mod to put them in the front corner lights is pretty easy as well. Some just drill a hole and move the turn signal bulb up, while others do some rewiring with a new bulb and socket.

Ok, thanks.

I ended up ordering some 2" round LEDs from Amazon and some load resistors. Should have drilled before I had the bumper powder coated, but oh well!

Mocked up a skid plate from cardboard today. Going to head to my favorite Amish weld shop in the morning to see what they can do.

Painted Andy's handywork yesterday and installed the bumper today. Looks much better in black!

20160703_125629.jpg
20160703_153525.jpg

20160703_153456.jpg

20160703_153540.jpg

Last edited:
We'll call this Rev1 of my skid plate as there is almost certainly going to need to be a rev2.

Actually turned out ok, should have used 1/4", and it is too long in the front. I need to raise up the PS cooler line and tuck it in to the crossmember.

It should get me through a few runs just fine!

20160708_114405.jpg

Andy. If I didn't have so much to get done and ready before cmcc I would get them welded on for you. Looks like you got the Marlin treatment.

Thanks!

Picked up a welcome few parts this AM. Don't think I can make it too much longer without!

Met a great guy named Bill out near Gettysburg who has a ton of Toyota pickup stuff!

View attachment 1287522
Looks like ac parts! I just converted my ac to 134a today. It actually was still holding pressure with r12 in it! It blows down to 48* now! You will be happy to have ac on the trails, I will.

Kitchen is going good. We're picking out tile and everything has a delevery date. I'm pretty wiring for garbage disposal and under counter lights.

Wow, this thing is well on its way to being as nice as your old 40 Andy. How did you bend the metal for your skid plate? I can't wait to see this thing in real life.

Ha! Thanks, but not really. It still needs a lot of love.

I had the steel bent and sheared at a local Amish shop. It is quite the place - all run by a huge diesel generator!

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom