anyone who has a skyjacker lift..I have a question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does the big arch leaf springs go on front or back. two of the springs have a considerable bigger arch. I am figuring front bc the extra weight but do not want to have to do this twice. please help:bang:

I have skyjacker 4" springs but am not sure what to measure for you. Let me know and I will try to help. Mine are installed so therefore have the weight of the motor on them already.

Understand that my springs are installed and that the weight of the vehicle is on them so this is strictly a educated guess on my part.

When I measure from the concrete floor of my garage to the bottom of my spring pad that is welded on the axle tube front and back, I get about 11" to 11.5". This stands to reason because all tires are 33" tires so it stands to reason that the spring pads front and back would have the same heigth.

When I measure from the concrete to the center of the shackle bolt that goes through the spring eye, I get 18.5" on the front and 22" on the back.

Since both springs arch at the same spot ( 11" from ground) and the back one extends up to 22" above the ground but the front one only extends 18.5" above the ground, it makes me think the rear springs have the bigger arch in them.

My front springs still have the sticker on them and it is L40FS.

Hope this helps.

Understand that my springs are installed and that the weight of the vehicle is on them so this is strictly a educated guess on my part.

When I measure from the concrete floor of my garage to the bottom of my spring pad that is welded on the axle tube front and back, I get about 11" to 11.5". This stands to reason because all tires are 33" tires so it stands to reason that the spring pads front and back would have the same heigth.

When I measure from the concrete to the center of the shackle bolt that goes through the spring eye, I get 18.5" on the front and 22" on the back.

Since both springs arch at the same spot ( 11" from ground) and the back one extends up to 22" above the ground but the front one only extends 18.5" above the ground, it makes me think the rear springs have the bigger arch in them.

My front springs still have the sticker on them and it is L40FS.

Hope this helps.

yes this helps the guy I bought it from said he was not too sure but thought it was higher arched in the back, so your being higher in the back I will go with that. thanks for taking time to measure that for me man.

call Skyjacker, nice people

they are in West Monroe, LA

alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom