Anyone have a solution for replacing this door limiter bushing? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fyton2v

SILVER Star
Threads
Yellow arrow is pointing at the thing.

IMG_1253.jpeg

What's wrong with it? Is the nylon bushing worn down in diameter? Drill the head off the shaft, press it out, make a new bushing, install. D&T shaft for retaining screw/washer.

I don't recognize the part, you got a part number

This is the limiter for a 76+ front door. As far as I can tell, the whole contraption comes as an assembly and that particular bushing isn't its own part. It managed to wear itself flat on one side over the years and it's causing a nasty rattle. It's like a plastic sandwiched between metal, all as one durable part. It gets dragged along the limiter slide. I think nylon won't last all that long and was thinking about bronze. Because it's so old, the OD and ID are a bit of a mystery and I think the tolerances will be kinda tight.

Oh, and as you stated, the pin can't be removed without drilling. It probably won't be too hard to figure out a replacement for it (the pin).

Last edited:
Yea brass or bronze should work fine. Can you look at the door's one to get guess on size?
$0R has the nylon disks plus bolt/nut for a $26 fix #126-14

There's another pin involved that's not shown in the picture, above, and that's what SOR reproduces ... and then sells a 3 dollar thing for $26. :).

I think ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom