YotaMD 200 Series Titanium Fob Shell Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

just placed an order... hopefully I fall into this batch of shipments. :hmm:

If you ever need and early LX fob for development your welcome to borrow one of my spares here in Denver.

Thank you! I know the 2018 & 2019 key fobs are the same, so I would be super excited to be on the list!!! 👍

David, thanks for checking in. I'll mark you down as an interested party for the more recent year design. It's in line for one of my 2019 releases. I'm considering them right now. The Lexus design may end up as a 2019 release!

Great feedback!

1. Inadvertent button press: I considered adding a rib around the buttons to make that less likely. Sounds like it might help this.
  2. Case press activating button. One other person mentioned this and I tested it out. It took me roughly 7lbs of force to activate the button. With some minor material removal inside the case, i increased the force required to activate a button via the case up to 11+ lbs. That was a lot of pressure and it had to be applied right in the center of the case.
#2 above is addressed in the upcoming plastics run. I removed some material from sensitive areas and added material in other areas to reinforce the case. That should solve the issue completely.

#1 can be in the next run in late February/early March, if deemed necessary based on other feedback. A lip around the buttons is easy to add and sounds like it would solve that issue. I wanted to keep the case as slim as possible, but certainly inadvertent button presses are more annoying than an extra mm of thickness around the buttons.

Looks like a great product and it's always nice to see someone take constructive feedback and start considering it immediately. Regarding #1, I don't think it will take much of a rib or slight "float" to the plastic to solve this issue, certainly no more than the depth with which the Toyota OEM fob is indented around those buttons.

Please put me on the list for the next run that incorporates the modifications for 1 and 2 above. I'll take quantity 2 when available.

Congrats on launching a nice new product. Your "version 1.0" is a lot better than some other things we've seen around here!

Looks like a great product and it's always nice to see someone take constructive feedback and start considering it immediately. Regarding #1, I don't think it will take much of a rib or slight "float" to the plastic to solve this issue, certainly no more than the depth with which the Toyota OEM fob is indented around those buttons.

Please put me on the list for the next run that incorporates the modifications for 1 and 2 above. I'll take quantity 2 when available.

Congrats on launching a nice new product. Your "version 1.0" is a lot better than some other things we've seen around here!

Thanks, continuous improvement is the game, for sure! This community and its feedback is a big part of what makes this sort of product possible.

If you want to get in on the upcoming run, go ahead and place an order on the site if you haven't already. If you want a "lipped" version you'll have to wait a bit. I expect the improvements aimed at #2 in this upcoming run are going to solve 95% of the issue, but I'll need some field reports to confirm. If the lip (or increased button recess) is needed I'll integrate that in the third run, likely in mid-March.

Thanks, continuous improvement is the game, for sure! This community and its feedback is a big part of what makes this sort of product possible.

If you want to get in on the upcoming run, go ahead and place an order on the site if you haven't already. If you want a "lipped" version you'll have to wait a bit. I expect the improvements aimed at #2 in this upcoming run are going to solve 95% of the issue, but I'll need some field reports to confirm. If the lip (or increased button recess) is needed I'll integrate that in the third run, likely in mid-March.

This kind of responsiveness is the POTENTIAL that I love about small business. I say potential bc it’s possible to do it when small. Willingness is a whole other thing though. So kudos for willingness to invite and respond to feedback. Keep up the great work!

Awesome! Placing order now. Just to confirm it's the YMD2, correct?

Yes, YMD2. Available in Orange or Black.

If you order this round and the lip (or other improvements for that matter) are required for reliable performance I'm happy to send out those revised plastics as they're available in the future. A "worry-free guarantee" of sorts.

If you order this round and the lip (or other improvements for that matter) are required for reliable performance I'm happy to send out those revised plastics as they're available in the future. A "worry-free guarantee" of sorts.

This is appreciated. I’ve noticed when I’m wearing jeans, not tight, just normal jeans, when I get ito the vehicleci frequently have a long beep from a button press. If I move my keys to the side more, it doesn’t typically happen. I love the fob but think it needs a little recess or ridge to protect the buttons.

Thanks much. I do not know how many rounds of purchasers you have had, so for clarification, will the "worry free guarantee" include the first round of purchasers who ordered the logo free cases? Like everyone else here, I want to express my appreciation for your work on this product, as well as your constant improvements and fantastic customer management skillz.

The link is outdated. Which product fits the 200?

Ah, good catch. Sorry about that. I'll have to update that tonight. Here's the page for the 2008~2015 remote. If your remote has buttons with the same shape, that's the correct kit for your remote.

Ah, good catch. Sorry about that. I'll have to update that tonight. Here's the page for the 2008~2015 remote. If your remote has buttons with the same shape, that's the correct kit for your remote.

Thanks! Got one!!

Getting materials prepped for the second wave of orders! Titanium is in, plastics are arriving tomorrow. I'll do some QA on the incoming parts and hopefully get the majority shipped out Wednesday or Thursday.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for your patience. Some of you have been waiting some time and I'll work quickly once the parts are in house to get it them turnaround. I never know what to expect quantity-wise with these so the first month after launch is always a bit of a whirlwind. The 'mud crowd never disappoints!

YMD2Lineup.JPG

I’d be more interested in a non-branded version. Any chance you would consider making that an option?

I’d be more interested in a non-branded version. Any chance you would consider making that an option?

Not at this time, but perhaps in the future. I should have branded plastics in hand later today and you should see some pictures start appearing in the next week or so. To reiterate, the front is unchanged. The logo is in small text on the back, up the side. If you see the updated design later this week and feel the YotaMD logo is a deal-breaker let me know then. For 95+% I suspect it'll be a neutral or positive feature.

I am hesitant to remove the logo long term for 2 reasons:
  1. Inventory. Additional SKUs and components are a pain and just one more thing to manage. It also adds to my invested goods on hand at any given point. As quantities grow, that's significant.
  2. This one is selfish, but referrals. With how small the business is, referrals are huge. I get shops contacting me about the product because a random customer brought one in with their car and they saw the logo on the remote, looked me up and contacted me on instagram or email. An unbranded remote lessens that critical organic growth.
I appreciate the inquiry, though!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom