Yes/No? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For my white Ute.

9B24E81D-8DDE-4796-ACF2-7D1A96839972.png

For reference my Ute

7C085550-ACF8-45F0-A43D-773BECB7208D.jpeg

Last edited:
I like them personally but maybe because they all have them here. They are year specific (or range of years) so if I was going to get one - what am I saying; I have one. :p

OK if I had a 70 without one I would buy the one for that year but that's market specific as well so who knows what I would do if I had a non-GCC 70.

Here's an 85 with likely original stripes. Probably very faded by now though so hard to tell what they looked like new. Not that far from what you are considering pattern wise. Won't the bed stripes be too long though if you buy for a 79 series? I see stripes for 75 series for sale over here often.

Here's an 85 with likely original stripes. Probably very faded by now though so hard to tell what they looked like new. Not that far from what you are considering pattern wise. Won't the bed stripes be too long though if you buy for a 79 series? I see stripes for 75 series for sale over here often.

What searching I did for period correct strips I couldn’t find any. Yeah I would have to shorten the bed strips

This statement by @WarDamnEagle ….. “Probably very faded by now though so hard to tell what they looked like new.”
would be of some importance to me but hey it’s your truck. 😁

This statement by @WarDamnEagle ….. “Probably very faded by now though so hard to tell what they looked like new.”
would be of some importance to me but hey it’s your truck. 😁
Are you referring to putting on faded stripes instead of new?

Are you referring to putting on faded stripes instead of new?
I’m assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that even new stripes would fade over time unless the Ute was garaged on a regular basis. I seem to be in the minority with my opinion. 😊

I’m assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that even new stripes would fade over time unless the Ute was garaged on a regular basis. I seem to be in the minority with my opinion. 😊
The ones on my 1994 are original and yes, they are faded but not terribly so. I saw some high quality reproduction ones for 500 SAR ($133) a year or so ago but ultimately decided it wasn't worth the trouble so I didn't buy them. The stripes on my wife's 2008 GT500 still look brand new but it stays in the garage. Bottom line I think they will hold up well for a very long time.

Hello,

Yes.

Juan

No, won't work well on white.
Why do you think that? Note: Very hard to find white ones over here. In fact I have never seen one in person. Every Hilux is white and every 70 series is tan. I have seen a Hilux or two in silver in person but not a white 70 series.

1627098286380.png

1627098464133.png

Is the cost reasonable? I assume you can delete them very quickly if you don't like it? If it's a yes-and-yes, then from me also a yes.

Personally, I am not a fan of pinstriping, it doesn't seem to take long for them to get damaged, start peeling, etc. Overseas they are popular because they don't go through trails with trees on them, and they are faded because they take a beating in the sun...

If you never plan to offroad with that sweet li'l gem, and decide to pinstripe, then I say, GO ALL OUT MAN!! Get the HOT WHEELS flame job and call it done!! W00T!! :bounce2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom