yes, I managed to mangle it again . . . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DSRTRDR

I can mangle anything ...
SILVER Star
Threads
cruising along at 70 on the highway, a bit more noisy running than normal, and then a sudden SNAP - after which it ran quieter and smoother :confused:

luckily, I was on my way down an off-ramp - at the stop light, steam came out of the hood vents :eek: - radiator fluid all over :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
water pump 1.jpg

never leaked in 6 years

the second and third pic show scores on the propeller and on the inside of the housing, respectively - the shaft is moving around sideways and parts are rattling in there now :doh:
water pump 2.jpg
water pump 3.jpg

bummer, that sucks!

Better in town than out in the back country. :)

Good luck with an easy fix.

new pump is already on the truck - runs just fine - lucky to have avoided greater carnage :D

yes, AAA Plus - towed it to where I wanted it, no questions asked - they came within 40 minutes of my call - real easy

Your fan did not go through your radiator or hood...you do not have any problems.

:lol:

no, the fan only spread the radiator fluid everywhere under the hood :hillbilly:

Probably due for a wash anyway. :D

Good that it didn't crap out on you on some trial in the sticks.

Probably due for a wash anyway. :D

Good that it didn't **** out on you on some trial in the sticks.

Hard to imagine you didn't hear any grinding / squeal, before it went ????

wow... guess you got the full life expectancy out of that pump and then sum..

Just for drill...do you know how many miles...how old that pump was ??

John

anybody's guess

if the motor was put in by the same PO who put the lockers in, it has been in there since '89 - the water pump had no TEQ stamp, so prolly changed at least once since then

I got the truck in 12/2004 - likely didn't put more than 15,000 miles on it myself

Shame on you Claudia. That's a known failure in that style pump. I can't believe you didn't replace is as PM. I believe there's a thread somewhere about getting Toyota to do a recall on that pump, look into that.

I can't wait 'till you get an 80 series. :flipoff2:

:Di think for the $ i would put on new one on and skip the tow .

Don't stray to the dark side Claudia. The 40 force is strong with this one. Listen not to the sith, stay with us. :cool:

I can't wait 'till you get an 80 series. :flipoff2:

:Di think for the $ i would put on new one on and skip the tow .

the tow didn't cost me anything - AAA :doh:

the new pump is on there and works fine - I wheeled it today :steer: ;p

Don't stray to the dark side Claudia. The 40 force is strong with this one. Listen not to the sith, stay with us. :cool:

yeah, there is only so much left to mangle by now :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom