Wrecked 2006 LX470 Budget Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

My Name is Larry and I’m new to the forum world. I’ll be documenting my build and adventures on Instagram @landcruiser100series which I run. I currently own a 1999 Land Cruiser which has OME lift and 35” tires.

6CD272F8-2BFA-405F-8845-6FE03B8F82C1.jpeg

I purchased a 2006 LX470 from auction to start a new build on a budget. Stay tuned and follow along.

7281805E-86DE-4FEF-8999-8C586B213354.jpeg

E43EE843-6C8E-460F-99CB-1B106D0C85AF.jpeg

90A2E379-2176-4262-AB06-9E7DC6993905.jpeg

767805CA-D238-4E18-B7AC-2ED5C27FB1CE.jpeg

Hey All,

My Name is Larry and I’m new to the forum world. I’ll be documenting my build and adventures on Instagram @landcruiser100series which I run. I currently own a 1999 Land Cruiser which has OME lift and 35” tires.

View attachment 2199864

I purchased a 2006 LX470 from auction to start a new build on a budget. Stay tuned and follow along.

View attachment 2199875
View attachment 2199876
View attachment 2199877
View attachment 2199878
Been following along on Instagram. Looks like a fun project 👍🏽

Find a non running, beat up to crap one and swap the front clip over. Cheapest and easiest way, good luck with the build, she's beautiful from the back.

Great progress! Gonna be very worth it. 911 or 912?

Love it! My moms first car was a 912, fortunate to still have it in the garage... of course it hasn’t been driven since like 1993. Figure I can turn that into my next project. Anyway, nice set of cars. You have good taste lol.

Thanks for sharing your build - I plan to follow with interest. By the way, are the 'Man Meets Garage' on youtube?

Lol yep that’s me. Not much time for recording and editing with kids. Thank you 🙏
I saw only a couple of your earlier 100 series vids. Your 80 series axle swap and rear tire swing out ones piqued my interest but I guess you had other more interesting projects going on. Have fun with your build!

Very nice 06LX but the 912 is gorgeous my goodness! Is that a Cobra too next to it? Will be following this build and looking forward on the progress 👌🏻

Followed off and on through instagram. Nice to see you on here!!

What are your thoughts on the Rancho guys? Prices comparable? Been thinking of running down to grab various parts and spares from them but never knew if they were a place that pulled themselves for you or you could wander around and pull like a Pick N Pull.

Followed off and on through instagram. Nice to see you on here!!

What are your thoughts on the Rancho guys? Prices comparable? Been thinking of running down to grab various parts and spares from them but never knew if they were a place that pulled themselves for you or you could wander around and pull like a Pick N Pull.
Thank you 🙏
Rancho guys are pretty awesome. Prices are better then most Dismantlers. Call and make sure they have what you need but they will remove for you.

I’ve ordered parts from Rancho and had them shipped to me in the past. Was all smooth sailing and the parts were quite a bit cheaper than most other junkyards.

Thank you 🙏
Rancho guys are pretty awesome. Prices are better then most Dismantlers. Call and make sure they have what you need but they will remove for you.
Thanks, Good to know. Like I said, have always wanted to run down there and check it out but that is a couple hour drive for me from NV, without knowing if it a PnP style places or a wrecking yard where they confirm and pull parts for you.

I just noticed that this is the Limited Black Edition, indeed a nice catch! Did the front passenger side tire rods got bent? Are you restoring this back to an LX front or maybe going to a land cruiser front?

I just noticed that this is the Limited Black Edition, indeed a nice catch! Did the front passenger side tire rods got bent? Are you restoring this back to an LX front or maybe going to a land cruiser front?
yep picked up a knuckle, upper and lower control arms. Yes love the Lx front and keeping it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom