Wont crank, odd situation. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I did some maintenance work over the last few days. I changed out the diff and transfer case gear oil (found out I need to redo the front another story) and put her on stands so I could remove the wheels and paint them. This is where it gets odd.... I drove it after the gear oil swap and she ran fine doing errands. I put it on stands for a day and when I finished painting the wheels I lowered her down and now she wont start.

It cranks fine and sounds like its trying to start but just keeps cranking. I replaced the battery and the fuse able links about 2 weeks ago. I'm stumped I think it maybe a fuel delivery issue but don't know where to start and it ran fine yesterday.

Any advice??

Do you have a CEL with the engine off, key in RUN position?

No check engine light,

20191228_143244.jpg

Lol, my frustration is building but parting out isn't on the menu just yet. 🤙

Then it points to fusible links. Even though you just changed it, it's possible it either blew or got yanked on and failed.

Get two more and try a new one (second is for a back-up)

Funny you say that. I did buy two and have a brand new one in the glovebox! I'll give it a try

Lol, my frustration is building but parting out isn't on the menu just yet. 🤙
Check the connections on the fusible link / battery first.

Brand new out of the package, still won't start and still no CEL on the dash

20191228_145812.jpg

Try bumping into neutral by pushing down the pin in front of the shifter. Looking at possibly the NSS (neutral safety switch) Then try to start.

Not exactly sure what you are saying? I removed the cover in front of the shifter I can feel a little give which I assume is a button. I tried to start while pushing the button in Neutral and it just keeps trying to start but nothing. I put it in park and pushed the button also while trying to start and nothing....

Not exactly sure what you are saying? I removed the cover in front of the shifter I can feel a little give which I assume is a button. I tried to start while pushing the button in Neutral and it just keeps trying to start but nothing. I put it in park and pushed the button also while trying to start and nothing....
Never mind. I guess since the key moves in the ignition, you can pull the shifter to the neutral position to try to start.

Geez man, your killing me. 😞

during the week i give advice,on the weekends its pure trash talk. i could spam this with pointless memes if it helps :D

but no, i would suggest the same thing that has been posted. if not the FL then move to NSS or fuel issues.

Never mind. I guess since the key moves in the ignition, you can pull the shifter to the neutral position to try to start.
If you cannot pull the shifter into neutral, THEN you remove the cover and shove an ink pen or pencil into the hole and push the release lever so you can pull the shifter into the neutral position.

during the week i give advice,on the weekends its pure trash talk. i could spam this with pointless memes if it helps :D

but no, i would suggest the same thing that has been posted. if not the FL then move to NSS or fuel issues.
Then you can only call me on the weekends......

I dont get it.. all I did was jack it up put it on stands ,remove the wheels and put them back, lowered it down and now it wont start.....

Swap out the efi main relay under the hood. Should be a spare in the driver's side kick panel if you need one. Think that and the am2 fusible link is your best bet for no cel. Without cel light you have no ecu which means you have no fuel or spark. You can jump those fusible links with a wire to make sure you didn't get a crap set of links.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom