Wits End Turbo Owners (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one large exhaust leak at the flange where the J pipe connects to the factory downpipe, but that shouldn't trip a lean code, I'd think.
that's exactly what would cause a lean error. You are drawing in air which the O2 sensor will see as un-burned oxygen and attempts to correct this by adding more fuel, which will have no effect, and eventually triggers a P0171, system too lean.

that's exactly what would cause a lean error. You are drawing in air which the O2 sensor will see as un-burned oxygen and attempts to correct this by adding more fuel, which will have no effect, and eventually triggers a P0171, system too lean.

Ok, that's very interesting as I didn't think negative pressure existed in that part of the exhaust system. I'll need to remove the turbo and try to fix this issue. Thanks Rick.

I've been getting a lean code as well but that's been happening pre turbo so there's still a leak somewhere in my system. Using a smoke machine, i was able to find lots of small leaks and one large leak

I have one large exhaust leak at the flange where the J pipe connects to the factory downpipe, but that shouldn't trip a lean code, I'd think.

Smoke machine bought on amazon? Tempted to see if I should buy one or borrow one from someone locally.

I have officially preordered the Wits End turbo, is there a badge or even a jacket I get now that I am a part of the club?

Something like this, because if Burt wouldn’t approve neither will I.

F7071C10-6C19-4B3A-AD8B-9B09F5A8292C.jpeg

Wait, I got panties withnmy turbo kit and I thought they were Joey's....

Last edited:
Finally got around to checking how much junk my oil catch can system is capturing after ~1200 miles on 184K motor, all original

Valve Cover and Air Intake Catch Can // ~4 oz of oily, foamy slurry

1026988A-E63F-4280-BB00-8A3F6EA44778.jpeg

Valve Cover - Intake Manifold Catch can (PCV-side) // ~1.5 oz of darker fluid crap

52A4AB32-46E7-4C64-933D-FD682792F935.jpeg

Hey I'm south bay as well and am a couple weeks away from doing a pressurized leak test. I've already used the standard smoker but I'm guessing my 'lean under low boost' problem resulting in pings is caused by a leak I need pressure to find.
I'm local. ping me too and the 3 of us can coordinate on a date/time/loc

Anyone else watching the white, turbo 80 on Bring A Trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom