Wits End is a Scam (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve had two orders with Joey. One was for an 80 series engine tuneup and the other was for a Quarter Panel Mount. After zero communication and plenty of patience (despite him posting on social media that the specific batch was being shipped) I’ve had to dispute both claims. After I cancelled my QPM order he said he refunded my money. Big surprise - my money has not been refunded. I regret ever doing doing business with this thief and liar.

Same thing happened to me. He refunded my order "offline" to lead me to believe the order was refunded without actually sending anything. I suspect he does this to lead customer to believe a refund was issued and unless you're checking your accounts won't see that the money was actually never refunded. Here is a previous post about it from a different thread.

Joey responded by blaming it on my bank and sent this screenshot as "proof".

image0.png

This is what "refunded offline" means taken directly from his ecommerce website: “When can I perform an offline refund? You can perform an offline refund if: You are refunding a customer who paid via an offline payment method (cash, bank deposit, cheque or money order). You actioned the refund directly via the payment gateway/processor, and not through BigCommerce.”

I used none of those methods. I payed with a credit card that was processed through his e-commerce website. Yet for whatever reason he chose to refund the order “offline”.

Basically that screenshot is not proof that anything was ever processed on his end besides triggering a status change and sending an automated email to me suggesting a refund had been issued.

I remember Joey going after @LandCruiserPhil quite a bit in the past for zero reason. I found it odd and it always had me question the integrity of the Wits End operation. I respected Phil even more when he shut down his doors temporarily and sent 100% refunds when he wasn't going to be able to fulfill orders unexepectedly. That was pure class to me and showed the capital strength behind the LCP business model. It certainly apprears that Wits End is no where near this level of integrity and capital strength.

This post from 2020 didn't age well at all:

1690231121553.png

I remember Joey going after @LandCruiserPhil quite a bit in the past for zero reason. I found it odd and it always had me question the integrity of the Wits End operation. I respected Phil even more when he shut down his doors temporarily and sent 100% refunds when he wasn't going to be able to fulfill orders unexepectedly. That was pure class to me and showed the capital strength behind the LCP business model. It certainly apprears that Wits End is no where near this level of integrity and capital strength.

This post from 2020 didn't age well at all:

View attachment 3382531

Ok now that is funny

Not to mention Phil’s products are no nonsense and void of all the unnecessary fluff.
100%. I have been very happy with the stuff I have from him. Another reason I was put off when wits end was bashing Phil's biz on Facebook a few years ago. Phil clearly picked up on something early on.

Thanks to all for the support.
Having been self employed most of my life I have watched many Joeys come and go. What I have learned is without great customer service with a small business your days will be numbered, its just the facts. Sorry for the guys that got screwed buying into the hype.

I’ve never had any problems when ordering from Wits End.

We need to keep a list of these people... Their word is mud now and forever.

I mean, if fake refunds isn't an issue for you, you need an ethics check.

I don't think anyone is disputing that there have been fake refunds or saying that it is okay. If 100% of refunds were fake, the merchant account would get pulled fast -- after a certain number of charge backs / disputes.

My experience has been that there have been different levels of responsiveness at different points in time. Many orders have been fulfilled quickly although it has varied over the years / months. In some cases I didn't know a product was back ordered and it took some effort to get that information or get a refund.

I haven't ordered in quite a while but did recently order the bushings press kit because I didn't know the customer service problems had ramped up this summer (or earlier). According to the thread, the kit is not really available. If something is listed as in-stock and can't ship in a week, I am going to try to cancel. I am not terribly worried because it's pretty easy to request a charge back. If I get some other explanation, I may wait longer and re-prioritize the work I need to do.

Ordering big ticket items months / years in advance of production is an entirely different problem. There's a lot of risk no matter what company you are dealing with. I don't have any experience with this. Too risky for me.

Curious as to when you ordered your bushing press kit? And if you got any response from him. I ordered one on 7/7. Got a tracking # 7/13. After watching it with no movement for several weeks (never picked up by the post office) I contacted him through email. I got a response back which sounded a little bogus to me. He proceeded to tell me he had a total of three separate orders of these, mine included get lost in the mail? Really? I just found that hard to believe especially since my tracking # states that the post office hasn’t picked it up yet.

I don't think anyone is disputing that there have been fake refunds or saying that it is okay. If 100% of refunds were fake, the merchant account would get pulled fast -- after a certain number of charge backs / disputes.

My experience has been that there have been different levels of responsiveness at different points in time. Many orders have been fulfilled quickly although it has varied over the years / months. In some cases I didn't know a product was back ordered and it took some effort to get that information or get a refund.

I haven't ordered in quite a while but did recently order the bushings press kit because I didn't know the customer service problems had ramped up this summer (or earlier). According to the thread, the kit is not really available. If something is listed as in-stock and can't ship in a week, I am going to try to cancel. I am not terribly worried because it's pretty easy to request a charge back. If I get some other explanation, I may wait longer and re-prioritize the work I need to do.

Ordering big ticket items months / years in advance of production is an entirely different problem. There's a lot of risk no matter what company you are dealing with. I don't have any experience with this. Too risky for me.

Last edited:
Curious as to when you ordered your bushing press kit?
I ordered on 7/26. Never got a tracking number or any response back to my messages. I disputed the charge via Amex and got the credit. Their response made it sound like he did not respond. Although, my order is now showing up as canceled on his website.

I can't believe that anyone still orders from Him 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I ordered the shifter bushing kit a while back and it was schedule to ship like July. No word so emailed 8/22 and received email same day saying ship by end of week was probable. Well, it's 9/10 and I havent seen anything. Another email sent today.

I ordered the shifter bushing kit a while back and it was schedule to ship like July. No word so emailed 8/22 and received email same day saying ship by end of week was probable. Well, it's 9/10 and I havent seen anything. Another email sent today.
Get your money back, don't purchase from this thief!

Where's all the fan Boy's now !!
They seem to have crawled under a rock !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom