Wires for Swap 88 FJ62 to 2000 Tahoe 5.3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A question to see what other builds have done? For the many required switched power (to Injectors, coils, O2 sensors etc.) what wires did you use. It seems there's not many wires from the ignition switch to choose from. I've searched some LS swap sites and this forum and didn't find anything that specific. I've used my Black wire with white strip from ignition to power starter relay. I have my Black wire with blue stripe I can use for the injectors and coils. There are a few more (Hot In Run and Start) circuits to address. SO curious how others have went about this.

A question to see what other builds have done? For the many required switched power (to Injectors, coils, O2 sensors etc.) what wires did you use. It seems there's not many wires from the ignition switch to choose from. I've searched some LS swap sites and this forum and didn't find anything that specific. I've used my Black wire with white strip from ignition to power starter relay. I have my Black wire with blue stripe I can use for the injectors and coils. There are a few more (Hot In Run and Start) circuits to address. SO curious how others have went about this.
Are you using a stand alone harness? Psi, BD, painless, etc. They will have a relay controlled fuse panel to control all of the engine items. I used one of the Toyota coil wires as a trigger for this on mine.

Alternatively you can strip down the gm factory harness, but will end up with the same scenario (ie switched relay controlled from Toyota side to power all the LS components). Bunch of YouTube videos and ls1tech.com for info on this. Definitely a big money saver to go this route.

Are you using a stand alone harness? Psi, BD, painless, etc. They will have a relay controlled fuse panel to control all of the engine items. I used one of the Toyota coil wires as a trigger for this on mine.

Alternatively you can strip down the gm factory harness, but will end up with the same scenario (ie switched relay controlled from Toyota side to power all the LS components). Bunch of YouTube videos and ls1tech.com for info on this. Definitely a big money saver to go this route.
Ok, thanks I was using the coil wire for the two sets of injectors and the coils. I'm using the harness that came with the motor. It came with block C2 from the original electrical control center on the 2000 Tahoe. I've already wired relays for the starter and the fuel pump. I have O2 sensors and the switched power from the ignition for the PCM etc and it just seems like I'm running out of wires. So I was curious how other guys have done this with situations like mine.

Ok, thanks I was using the coil wire for the two sets of injectors and the coils. I'm using the harness that came with the motor. It came with block C2 from the original electrical control center on the 2000 Tahoe. I've already wired relays for the starter and the fuel pump. I have O2 sensors and the switched power from the ignition for the PCM etc and it just seems like I'm running out of wires. So I was curious how other guys have done this with situations like mine.
Gotcha. Here is an example of someone using the oem fuse box. This is also a good resource, in case you haven't already come across it.

Gotcha. Here is an example of someone using the oem fuse box. This is also a good resource, in case you haven't already come across it.
Hey Dubs,

I ended up using the wire that went to my coil from the IGN. I installed a bus bar (that's what I call it) and then ran my switched power needs to that bus bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom