why is this wet.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so ive recently moved from california to washington. brought my FZJ80 up here. now im pretty sure my 80 isnt 100% waterproof(which isnt good in rain city) but for some reason the only place im getting water issues is the floor in front the passenger seat. i cant seem to diagnose where its entering at. its pretty much ruined my carpet. SO with that being said. i need help with some input as to where it might be getting wet from? if there are common spots to check?

also following that issue. i think if im going to have to most likely cut the carpet out now, i might at well do some sort of liner/coating inside instead of carpet because this will eventually turn into an off-road only rig anyways. what do you guys find works best? easy clean? insulating? sound dampening? etc. ive read monstaliner is a pretty solid choice for it. but what do you all suggest?

Your sunroof drains are plugged.

We all get it here every 3-4-5 yrs.

Dry out the carpet, the jute mats stink when wet but fix the drains & maybe pull the carpet & shampoo/reinstall. No need to go crazy with the liner unless you have holes in the carpet.

While your're doing the roof drains, check each rear quarterpanel under the pop-out plastics, if you find water your window slider drains are plugged & need compressed air or a hit/flush at the high pressure washer coin-op wash.

That covers water ingress into cabs if you park outside in a semi-level area. Mine lives outside, dry inside.

:deadhorse: Search man, SEARCH! Even google wouldn likely lead you to a dozen threads on mud on this subject. Windshield gasket seems to leak in the corners. Sometimes sunroof drains get clogged, those are the most common issues. Unless it smells sweet then you may have a heater core issue. Or if you're running your AC to combat fogged windows the AC drain may be disconnected and leaking into the cab.

99.8% front window seal, installers seems can't get that fix fist second and 3dr attempts , they will pack silicon that seems to fix the leak. I have this problem every time I change windshield in my LX450. it is very unlike your sunroof. Take a hose and pore over front window you will see water in the lower corners . very common problem on 80.

X5 on windsheild, had puddles in passenger floor after replacement until sealed properly. I could see water coming through windsheild corners. Still working on small leak around sunroof only on downpours or carwash, drains are clear but might not keep up or maybe roof rack.

Is it because she's ready?

After cleaning roof drains, insert the same line into the slots on bottom of body, you may have years of caked in mud and dirt blocking the water like this....

My rig has perfectly clear sunroof drains but the panel seal has shrunk enough that the splashing/dripping in the tray doesn't all end up making it to the drain.

This could also be down to rust on the fire wall. There is a boxed in sheet metal bracket on the body behind the wheel well that can trap mud and water and can rust through the fire wall

I had the same issue with the wet floor and even after having a new windshield installed they didn't get it. I had them silicon the gasket on the outside and finally took care of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom