White Knuckle Slider Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Depending on what brand exhaust you're installing, I removed and replaced my exhaust without dismounting my WKOR sliders on my 96.

I went with Magnaflow down pipe, 2nd cat and Bosal muffler from Rock Auto. Probably the easiest exhaust job I've ever done.
How does it sound?

How does it sound?
Very very close to the OEM exhaust. Nice and quiet.

I've had it on there for 4 years and about 75K miles.

I used OEM gaskets and not the ones that came with it.

Depending on what brand exhaust you're installing, I removed and replaced my exhaust without dismounting my WKOR sliders on my 96.

I went with Magnaflow down pipe, 2nd cat and Bosal muffler from Rock Auto. Probably the easiest exhaust job I've ever done.
It’s going to be custom stainless over the frame. Thus the need for pics.

Replacing my rusted out OEM exhaust w/ custom and loosing the giant cats. Can someone take pics of passenger side install on a +96. Want to ensure new exhaust won’t interfere w/ slider install down the line.
Bump….

IMG_20191027_180625251 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20191027_180635655 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20191027_180646074 (Medium).jpg

IMG_20191027_180652878 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20191027_180659921 (Medium).jpg

IMG_20191027_180713064 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20191027_180725230 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20191027_180732924 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20191027_180808840 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20191027_180819449 (Medium).jpg

IMG_20191027_180829669 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20191027_180850551 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20191027_180859532 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20191027_180910991 (Medium).jpg

@BILT4ME sending you mad cruiser karma! Looks like the cat protectors make a cage down to the under the frame crossover so know potential interference down to there. Can’t tell but would anything interfere going over frame instead of under beside Tcase?

@BILT4ME sending you mad cruiser karma! Looks like the cat protectors make a cage down to the under the frame crossover so know potential interference down to there. Can’t tell but would anything interfere going over frame instead of under beside Tcase?
Nothing related to the sliders.

The 94 exhaust goes over the frame. Look up pics of that on here.

Thanks for the pix! For clarity, I’m tryin to ensure any custom over the frame exhaust I install I now won’t interfere with future install of WK sliders. Looks like the forward (1 of 2) mounts forms a cage around the cats (and looks stout AF!) so no issue there. Looks like the aft (2 of 2?) May partially block where the 93/94 went over the frame?

Just installed my WKOR sliders. Nice product.

The four bolts for the front passenger mount suck bad. I got the bottom two in fully, one top one in partially and gave up on the fourth. The third one was binding so I stopped before snapping it.

I wanted to chase the factory hole threads in the frame, but there was no way to do it with the cats in place.

There was so little room to work with the factory '94 cats in place.

I should upgrade to the Magnaflow 95-97 setup (and a custom exhaust) to get some room to work but it seemed like a unnecessary expense when my stock cats seem to work fine.

The rest of the install was easy. Much easier than the budbuilt sliders that I installed on my 200s.

IMG_2256.jpeg

Just installed my WKOR sliders. Nice product.

The four bolts for the front passenger mount suck bad. I got the bottom two in fully, one top one in partially and gave up on the fourth. The third one was binding so I stopped before snapping it.

I wanted to chase the factory hole threads in the frame, but there was no way to do it with the cats in place.

There was so little room to work with the factory '94 cats in place.

I should upgrade to the Magnaflow 95-97 setup (and a custom exhaust) to get some room to work but it seemed like a unnecessary expense when my stock cats seem to work fine.

The rest of the install was easy. Much easier than the budbuilt sliders that I installed on my 200s.
i chased the threads before attempting to bolt mine up and followed up w/ anti-sieze. even though my truck is clean. just trying to work smarter in my old age. don't recall any clearance issues i couldn't work around on my 1995 (w/ one replacement cat). drivers side bolt holding the fuel line was the bigger pain, until i found the proper offset wrench.

really liking these sliders still for their functionality, looks, and ease of install.

I have a '94 with stock side by side cats, so there is hardly any room to work there (<1" with the cat shields removed). I would have run a tap through them, but it was impossible without removing the cats.

I have an offset spanner with a 12mm on one end and a 13mm on the other end. It was perfect for the brake line bolts. Made that piece of the job a non-event.

I have a '94 with stock side by side cats, so there is hardly any room to work there (<1" with the cat shields removed). I would have run a tap through them, but it was impossible without removing the cats.

I have an offset spanner with a 12mm on one end and a 13mm on the other end. It was perfect for the brake line bolts. Made that piece of the job a non-event.
Can you provide pics of 94 cat shields and where the sliders attach to the frame in the rear?

Trying to determine if that’s a better route for my 96 w/ custom exhaust.

After reading through this thread…. I changed my WKOR slider for the HDJ81order to 10 degrees (straight out from the frame) from the 20 degree default. The step use will be better. I placed the order today and just sent the email so I am hoping to hear back that WKOR can change it. Great info in this thread. I will be using this as a reference. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom